cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engaged tone

Barry_Doe
Grafter

Engaged tone

I thought I understood 'contention' - perhaps I don't fully, and on the other hand perhaps it's not relevant - and I am CERTAINLY not complaining as I only pay the old £6.99 per month rate and think it terrific value, but I do wonder if others find engaged tones far more frequent than they used to be.

For a year I only ever got an enagaged tone at certain peak times in the week, and then only perhaps once a week at most. It was a rarity. In recent months it has become routine to get them up to twice in a row late afternoon and now, in the last few weeks, it has become any time of the day plus weekends. I get it at least half-a-dozen times a day.

Sadly it goes hand in hand with BT's voice message. If we got JUST an engaged tone then Outlook Excpress would happily re-dial several times automatically, but the message BT puts on top messes that up and re-dialling now has to be manual.

Have any users got any ideas and/or thoughts on all this please?

Barry
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Engaged tone

Barry,

The symptoms that you are experiencing will have to be raised to BT Net.

I have forwarded you a series of templates to the Contact Us system that you will need to complete and return to us.

The friaco.txt will need to be completed and your modems PPP logs are also required before we can escalate to BT.

Best Regards,

Dave.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
Barry_Doe
Grafter

> Barry,
>
> The symptoms that you are experiencing will have to be raised to BT Net.
>
> I have forwarded you a series of templates to the Contact Us system that you will need to complete and return to us.
>
> The friaco.txt will need to be completed and your modems PPP logs are also required before we can escalate to BT.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Dave.
>
> --
> | David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support. for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

Thanks, Dave, but we all know that those go off to BT and BT always come back and say there is no problem at all so it must be 'my end' etc etc!!

Barry
Barry_Doe
Grafter

> > Barry,
> >
> > The symptoms that you are experiencing will have to be raised to BT Net.
> >
> > I have forwarded you a series of templates to the Contact Us system that you will need to complete and return to us.
> >
> > The friaco.txt will need to be completed and your modems PPP logs are also required before we can escalate to BT.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >

DAVE,

I have the logs you require but how do I get them to you? You have closed the ticket in Contact Us so I can't attach my logs and reply and when I try a new query it offers no method of adding an attachment.

Barry
N/A

> > >,
> > >
> > > The symptoms that you are experiencing will have to be raised to BT Net.
> > >
> > > I have forwarded you a series of templates to the Contact Us system that you will need to complete and return to us.
> > >
> > > The friaco.txt will need to be completed and your modems PPP logs are also required before we can escalate to BT.
> > >
> > > Best Regards,
> > >
>I suspect that all of plus.net customers using the 0809 dial in experience the above .do we all have to fill in these templates or believe what has been stated in the past that is is a problem caused by
" CONTENTION" PLEASE make up your mind and as come up with a standard answer.

>
> DAVE,
>
> I have the logs you require but how do I get them to you? You have closed the ticket in Contact Us so I can't attach my logs and reply and when I try a new query it offers no method of adding an attachment.
>
> Barry
>