cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emule Update

N/A

Emule Update

I have tested Emule performance today (off peak) and found it has improved dramatically since I last tested it. (around 2 or 3 weeks ago).

I have set my upload to max and have found this now hovers between 10k/s to 25k/s. The download speed is coming in at between 20k/s and 50k/s with not many files added. This is reasonable in my view.

This is a big improvement from the 0.5k/s upload and 0k/s download of a few weeks ago.

Of course the big test will be peak time. I'll check this later.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Emule Update

Well it looks like p2p contention has well and truly kicked in. Sad

6.55pm - uploading at 1.7k/s - downloading at 2.1k/s

6.58pm - Uploading at 0.6k/s - downloading at 2.9k/s.

Disappointing. :roll:
...................................................................................................................................

Update

7.07pm - Uploading at 0.3k/s - downloading at 0.2k/s

Unacceptable. Evil
kitz
Rising Star

Emule Update

Something thats perhaps considering.
E-mule uses the E-Donkey network? Have you tried using another 2p2 client.

The reason I say so is the other day/night I did a little bit of testing with edonkey and I wasnt at all impressed. -
I was struggling to get anything over a few KB, yet when I tried Limewire things were a lot more like what I'd expect to see.

More info
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=2164194

mr_chris tried it on his connection too
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=2164405
N/A

Emule Update

Your right, Morpheus and Limewire aren't suffering in the same way. I can usually download at near full speeds.

I do like my Emule though, so gonna keep hoping this improves.
kitz
Rising Star

Emule Update

Good luck

Ive ditched e-donkey... cba with those speeds.

Whether its other users limiting their upstream Ive no idea... but I do know there is supposed to be some kind of technical reason why e-donkey is misbehaving of late too.

If someone more knowledgable than me on protocols would like to explain then be my guest.
N/A

Emule Update

Not sure why the ellacoyas cause so much of a problem wth Emule and Edonkey.

I've tried to research this and it seems that some of the Canadian and American ISPs had exactly the same issue when they implemented packet shaping last year.

Some users on those ISPs reported better speeds using HTTP tunneling software. Although, I can't verify this or confirm how this would bypass the throttling.

Speeds seem a little better now but it's still very erratic.