cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails to Aol Address

greville
Grafter

Emails to Aol Address

Have in the past week tried to send three emails at different times to an aol address,and keep getting them bounced back with email undeliverable

AOL Reason:
554 RLY:B1
http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554rlyb1.html
EXPLANATION:

This error message is a dynamic block on our system. Dynamic blocks are placed on an IP address when AOL member complaints go over our set threshold. These are automated blocks that are removed by the system within 24 hours if the complaints are below the threshold.

SOLUTION:

Mail administrators should take this opportunity to ensure that their mail server has not been compromised. The mail administrator should request a feedback loop that will alert them to reported spam from their network.

If you need additional information please Contact Us
1 REPLY
Liam
Grafter

Emails to Aol Address

Hi there,

I assume you are sending mail via our outgoing relay servers?

Unfortunately this is something that happens from time to time. Although we do actively monitor traffic through our platform and contact customers who have viruses or whom are spammming using our relays, this does happen occasionally.

I have made our Networks team aware and we will be in touch with AOL with a view to removing us from their blacklists. However, we do have more than 1 outgoing mail server so it may be that retrying a few times will fix the problem and let the email through.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.