cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails keep bouncing

N/A

Emails keep bouncing

I am now getting emails beginning to bounce from plusnet to all sorts of places. NTL are not accepting plusnet but now it's getting worse and spreading with my email address being blocked from companies too. What's going on?

regards
7 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Emails keep bouncing

There is a problem with NTL not accepting or delaying email.. It's been like that for about a week now, and is not within Plusnet's control. NTL does this quite often.
N/A

Emails keep bouncing

it seems to be spreading though.

Ive had one rejected by two business addresses this morning. Whether they use ntl, I don't know.
N/A

Emails keep bouncing

I had an email I sent today rejected by two different servers. One was a business (which runs its own server, not sure which ISP they use). The other was the Scottish Parliament.

Both bounces said PlusNet was blacklisted by Spamcop.

I sent the email from the Webmail system, if that makes a difference. I also had problems with messages to NTL accounts getting bounced over the last week. These were sent via relay.plus.net.
theharveyfamily
Grafter

Emails keep bouncing

I've had exactly the same problem. (blacklisted by SpamCop)

I raised a ticket and PlusNet have told me to take it up with SpamCop myself.

If I send via Webmail the mail get's bounced. If I send via relay.plus.net it dosen't.

Looks to me like the PlusNet webmail server is blacklisted.
N/A

Emails keep bouncing

I somehow don't think we as individuals have any power to act on behalf of PlusNet and ask Spamcop to remove the block. There may be valid reasons why the server's blacklisted, but for that to be sorted out only PlusNet themselves can deal with it (either by talking to Spamcop or changing the IP address). If they don't, PlusNet are effectively admitting their servers are being used for distributing spam. Not something I'd expect from an ISP.
theharveyfamily
Grafter

Emails keep bouncing

Agreed.

Response from ticket :-

Please contact spamcop regarding this, if you have any trouble please let us know what they say.

My response to that :-

I think you'll find it's your server (ptb-cgirelay02.plus.net ) that's been blacklisted.
I think YOU should contact them.
N/A

Emails keep bouncing

I think you'll find it's your server (ptb-cgirelay02.plus.net ) that's been blacklisted.

is cgirelay02 a relay server that is used by people using the cgi component of their plusnet accounts?