cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails from PlusNet

lingbob
Grafter

Emails from PlusNet

Can someone from PN confirm that I'm understanding what happens when PN email their customers:

[1] Copy sent to postmaster address
[2] Copy sent to alternate email address
[3] Copy placed in "My Questions"

Thanks .....
19 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Emails from PlusNet

Hi there,

When we send an email out it will be sent to the email address in your contact details and to postmaster@

As you correctly state most of these emails are also added to accounts as a service notice.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
lingbob
Grafter

Emails from PlusNet

Thanks for the confirmation and the swift response Smiley

Up until this last week, things have always worked that way (for me) but this doesn't seem to be happening anymore. One PN email was sent to all three destinations, another one was sent to my postmaster address only and another one was sent to my alternate email address only. Perhaps this was because of the large volume of emails which have been sent out this last week?
Community Veteran

Emails from PlusNet

One I had from CS yesterday was just sent to postmaster - nothing in the headers showing it had been sent to my alternate contact address either, so I don't think it was a matter of it taking longer to reach the other address, which sometimes happens.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Emails from PlusNet

The headers wouldn't show the email going to multiple addresses as they are separate emails and not CC'd to multiple accounts.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
hamsandwich
Grafter

Emails from PlusNet

The headers wouldn't show the email going to multiple addresses as they are separate emails and not CC'd to multiple accounts.

Is there any way we can stop you doing that? It's bad enough having to read them once, let alone twice.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Emails from PlusNet

You should only get multiple emails if your email address in the contact section of account details is not your postmaster address.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
lingbob
Grafter

Emails from PlusNet

Pardon me but in my case the headers of the email which was sent to 3 destinations clearly show that it was sent to multiple addresses. Obviously, it doesn't show that it was copied to "My Questions". The headers of the other 2 emails clearly show that they were each sent to a single address.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Emails from PlusNet

Apologies, I stand corrected . Shockedops:
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
lingbob
Grafter

Emails from PlusNet

You should only get multiple emails if your email address in the contact section of account details is not your postmaster address.

My email address in the contact section is not my postmaster address so it looks like summat's adrift.
lingbob
Grafter

Emails from PlusNet

Apologies, I stand corrected . Shockedops:

Granted! :lol:
Community Veteran

Emails from PlusNet

Looking back at the last several, yes, some don't show the second address it's been sent to and some do, so maybe the 'missing' one from yesterday will show up later today.

My contact address isn't my postmaster address, so I usually get two of everything.

Yes, the one to my alternative address turned up after I'd gone out this morning. Smiley
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Emails from PlusNet

I have raised this question over in the usergroup forums but it seems relevant here.
If I create a new contact address why do I need to access the postmaster account.
If all communications from PlusNet went to an account I specify I could avoid a lot of this spam problem and messing about with catchalls and hidden aliases or redirects
lingbob
Grafter

Emails from PlusNet

Something else which is relevant is that if I were to ask CSC to blackhole my default mailbox, there's a distinct possibility that I may not receive all PN's communications.
hamsandwich
Grafter

Emails from PlusNet

Something else which is relevant is that if I were to ask CSC to blackhole my default mailbox, there's a distinct possibility that I may not receive all PN's communications.

How would you cope!?