cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails delayed again.

DavidHH
Grafter

Emails delayed again.

I was expecting an email before mid-day today. and it didn't arrive, so I sent myself a message at 12.23. It hasn't arrived yet (18:17).

Similar messages sent at 16:28 and 18:17 were delivered back to me almost instantly.

Are there possibly some email queues which work instantly, but one (or more) which has problems?
31 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Emails delayed again.

Hi,

Nothing obvious showing on showing on the mail queues:

http://www.plus.net/support/network_performance/mail_queues.shtml

There was a queue on one of the mxlasts earlier but that's back to normal now.

Have you checked the spam folder in case the mails have been picked up as spam?
DavidHH
Grafter

Emails delayed again.

I have no spam folder, either locally or visible via webmail. If spam is diverted to somewhere accessible I don't know where to look for it.

However, the undelivered message had a subject line "Check2" and the same word as the whole body of the text. The successful checks were identical except that they were Check3 and Check4, so if one was identified as spam, I would have expected the others to have been treated the same.
N/A

Emails delayed again.

My wife's mail box is having the same problem. Even the test messages I have sent her two hours ago have not been received.

I have checked the Spam folder and all othe folders, even the catch all mail box.

She is getting Cry
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Emails delayed again.

I have no spam folder, either locally or visible via webmail. If spam is diverted to somewhere accessible I don't know where to look for it.

If you go in to folders in webmail you should be able to subscribe to the spam folder if there's been any spam.

However, the undelivered message had a subject line "Check2" and the same word as the whole body of the text. The successful checks were identical except that they were Check3 and Check4, so if one was identified as spam, I would have expected the others to have been treated the same.

I'd have thought the same but did see a case the other day of two identical mails being sent one tagged as spam and one not so it's not impossible.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Emails delayed again.

My wife's mail box is having the same problem. Even the test messages I have sent her two hours ago have not been received.

Is the mailbox receiving any mail? I'm wondering if this a case of delayed mail or for some reason no mail is being delivered to the mailbox.
DavidHH
Grafter

Emails delayed again.

In my case (not necessarily the same as the other unfortunate user) it appears that most other emails are arriving now, but that there was a dead time at the end of the morning, of unknown duration, when messages didn't arrive.
N/A

Emails delayed again.

D Tomlinson wrote

[Is the mailbox receiving any mail? I'm wondering if this a case of delayed mail or for some reason no mail is being delivered to the mailbox]

She has now received one, timed 19:47, yet all the others are still missing. Nor they do appear in any folder of Squirell Mail
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Emails delayed again.

I just sent a test message to that mailbox, seems to have arrived fine, can you check to see if you can see it please?
N/A

Emails delayed again.

D Tomlinson

Yes, your email arrived fine.

Any explanation for the missing ones?
I first thought that perhaps it was because of the subject (Test) they were flagged as SPAM, however they do not appear anywhere, and yours has the word 'test' in the subject.
Community Veteran

Emails delayed again.

I'm having problems as well. I've sent 5 test messages to myself, 4 have arrived but one is missing after 30 minutes. The missing one is not in the SPAM folder.

Bob
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Emails delayed again.

I've got the PUG forums configured to send me a notification of all new postings. I am missing some.

Recently, I found one of my Yahoo groups email addresses was set to bouncing because PN rejected an email as being spam. I'd suspect these test messages are being rejected.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

Emails delayed again.

It's not just test messages with me. I'm also missing another e-mail (sent at 08:39 this morning) I sent to one of my mailboxes from my company e-mail address.

Bob
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Emails delayed again.

If you look at the graph one server has a large queue:

http://www.plus.net/support/displayImage.php?strImageFile=MailQueues1Day.gif
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

Emails delayed again.

All my missing e-mails have arrived now.

Bob