cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails are being bounced back

N/A

For some reason, everytime I email one of my business clients, my email is bounced back to me with the following:

554 The message was rejected because it contains prohibited virus or spam content

I can email other clients with no problems, and people can email me OK, but this particular client is very important to my business and although I've raised a ticket with CS some hours ago, I've yet to receive a response. Anyone got any ideas what could be wrong?

I'm running Windows XP SP2 behind an up-to-date Norton Internet Security. Regular virus scans and spyware scans (via AdAware and Microsoft AntiSpyware) showcase no problems. All definitions are up-to-date.

This happened a number of months back with AOL email accounts, and it turned out plus.net had been added to an anti-spam list.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
8 REPLIES
N/A

It's most likely a misconfigured remote mail server. try sending an email to postmaster@the.domain.you.want and ask questions.
N/A

Thanks for the tip - however, the postmaster@ email was also bounced back with the same error codes.

I've emailed them from Google Mail - bounced back. And yet other people can successfully email them, with no problems.

Any other suggestions? Please?

Help!!
N/A

Sounds like you are sending emails with attachments of the EXE kind - if so, zip or rar them,. and then send.
N/A

Nope, I'm not sending any attachments whatsoever - just a text-based email!
N/A

or it could be that youve found a mail server that has plusnet blacklisted. Plusnet buried their heads in the sand over this and did zilch to solve it.
N/A

TBH, I think it's the fault of the person doing the blacklisting when someone is blacklisted incorrectly. Why should Plusnet chase up other people's mistakes?
N/A

Do you get the bounce back message if you send the e-mail to yourself ? If not, then its highly likely that Plus.Net is actually being blacklisted, as stated previously.
N/A

Yep, I BCC'd myself into the email, and it was delivered to me fine - but not to the client. And when I sent the same email from Google Mail, again it went through to me OK but bounced back from the client.

Very confused...

Sad