cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails archived

rascom
Grafter

Emails archived

We've had some of our customers who are with PN contacting us today concerned that they have received emails of the following format from Plusnet Support...

Subject: Important information about your account

Text as follows:
Username : <removed>

This email is to inform you that your mailbox has been archived.

We have taken this action as you have not accessed your <removed> mailbox since the mailbox was created.

To keep your mailbox active, you need to access it and collect E-Mail at least once in a 180 day period.

Kind Regards,

PlusNet Customer Support
http://portal.plus.net/

One of them is very confused as they've only been with PN for around 6 weeks! But all are downloading their emails numerous times during the day and they're not configured to keep mails on the server (apart from one customer where they are set to be deleted after 30 days).
6 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Emails archived

Hi there,

There's been some problems with our archive script today. Raise a ticket and we'll get the mailboxes dearchived for you.
rascom
Grafter

Emails archived

Thanks James.

Can I raise a ticket on behalf of all of those affected or must they do it individually?

And does this mean that any emails sent to them will go missing until it's fixed?
James
Grafter

Emails archived

Ideally, you would need to do it for all the account affected, as we need to pass them to networks individually for them to dearchive.

Email sent to those mailboxes should bounce until it has been dearchived. Sorry about this - appreciate it is a pain.
boavon
Grafter

Emails archived

Did anyone else notice that the offending e-mail was date/timed

01 January 1601 00:00

Always knew the Millennium bug would hit one day Smiley
hatchwarren
Dabbler

Emails archived

Am I the only one who's just had this again? Email timed 22:51 this evening telling me my postmaster account (which I only set up on the 3rd of this month and have checked regularly since) has been archived due to no access for 180 days!!

I feel a ticket coming on...

Steve Adams
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Emails archived

I've updated your ticket and asked for it to be passed to the networks guys to find out why it was blackholed for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team