cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails a week later!

N/A

Emails a week later!

I know Plusnet are havinf problems with the email, but I am receiving emails that were sent nearly a week ago. According to the service status there should only be a few hours delay.

I am seriously thinking about leaving plusnet because there seems to be lots more problems the last 6 months then there has ever been before.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Emails a week later!

Me too.How can they say that 'a small amount of mail is experiencing a delay of a few minutes.' when quite obviously this is not the case?I have also had emails returned as 'undeliverable' when there is nothing amiss with the address.This has been going on for 2 weeks now and I see no improvement.Is it just TIGERMAD and myself who are suffering :?: :?:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Emails a week later!

Hi,

Do you have the message headers? Yes, there have been some delays on our network but mails could be delayed in more places than just our mail servers, the header would give an indication of where the delay was.

I've not seen any problems with sending email, unless the addresses were PlusNet addresses then they wouldn't be related to the mail delays, again do you have the headers and bounceback message as that would help to see whyt the message bounced.
N/A

Emails a week later!

You obviously know about real delays!
I'll send some headers when the next lot occur!

Hi All
I've noticed over last few days email sent to me by various peole seems to take hours, and often days. Seeing that there was a problem I sent one to myself this morning and I'm still waiting for it to arrive - is anyone else getting this? - Plusnet do seem to suffer from these issues more and more

Hi,

There is a noted problem with delayed mail on service status, most mail seems to be being delivered in normal time or only delayed by a few minutes but we are seeing a few taking a bit longer. Most of the queue cleared off overnight but seems to have risen again today likely someone trying to spam our customers clogging the queues up.

We are continuing to work on it to get the mail out as quick as we possibly can.

Dave Tomlinson