Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

Walrus
Grafter

Email

What on earth is happening with Email?

Why did I just recieve 160+ spam emails, all queued up within the last hour or so? (I've already recieved my 40-50 spam allocation for today)

Why does PlusNet insist on sending me THREE emails everytime they want to tell me something?

When is the all new singing and dancing ability to configure catch all's etc being sorted?

Thanks for any light that can be shed....
4 REPLIES
Walrus
Grafter

Email

Another 39 spam since the previous post........

.... I look forward to playing 'hunt the email' tomorrow. At current rate I should have at least 1872 to look through this time tomorrow.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: Email

Why did I just recieve 160+ spam emails, all queued up within the last hour or so? (I've already recieved my 40-50 spam allocation for today)

Probably just some spammer sending out more than the normal amount of mail. I regularly get batches of spam all coming at one.

Why does PlusNet insist on sending me THREE emails everytime they want to tell me something?

Three times isn't normal unless you have more than one account. Normally we send two copies, one to the nominated email address on the account and one to your postmaster address. Which email have you received three copies of?

When is the all new singing and dancing ability to configure catch all's etc being sorted?

Last I heard it was on track for early next month, so not long now.
Walrus
Grafter

Re: Email

Probably just some spammer sending out more than the normal amount of mail. I regularly get batches of spam all coming at one.

Another 195 emails since my last post. I feel this is something beyond a simple increase, I've regularly had up to 50 spam per day for the last couple of years. This is now approaching 500 since 7pm this evening......

Three times isn't normal unless you have more than one account. Normally we send two copies, one to the nominated email address on the account and one to your postmaster address. Which email have you received three copies of?

3 x Advanced direct debit notification, all send to postmaster and cc'ed to nominated email address.

Last I heard it was on track for early next month, so not long now.

... good to hear it can't come too soon.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Email

Are they all spam mails or bouncebacks? If it's bouncebacks then it might be that a spammer is using your email address as the from address so you are getting all the bounces.

I'd suggest though to do a full virus/spyware scan of your system in case there's anything on your PC.

The DD email, did you get 3 copies to each address or 3 in total?