Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email: why did this happen?

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

I have several mail boxes and use Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client. Nothing in either PN or TB has been interferes with recently and I have successfully downloaded my incoming messages over many months.

However yesterday I was asked to input new passwords.New passwords (actually the same ones as before Wink ) were input and mail received.

What on earth caused me to have to go through the rigmarole of entering new passwords? I am not impressed :x
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
6 REPLIES
N/A

You probably hit on the server that was having authentication problems Wink
Luzern
Pro

All today?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
N/A

I seem to have noticed that the email server is grinding to a halt agian.

Took 4 mins to send a 800k email!!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've seen this before with Thunderbird a few times. For some reason it will just lose the passwords that have been stored. Why it does this I'm not sure, a couple that I've seen have happened after a problem with mail, so maybe it deletes them thinking they are wrong, or it could be some other strange bug.
pacem
Grafter

Thuderbird will ask for a password if a login fails under the assumption that the password it has stored is wrong. This feature is expressed because the PN mail servers are failing to deal with the request from Thunderbird.

The correctness in the way Thuderbird deals with this is debatable, PN's mail servers not working properly is not.

Paul.<><
Luzern
Pro

When I came in late this evening I again found thatmeaasges were not downloaded to TB but were available in OEx. I sent test messages spearately from my principal alis to all the others. Some got through others did not ans settings are all the amme. It's ****** frustrating. What the dickens do I do now? :x