cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email still down again.

N/A

Email still down again.

I have been unable to access my wifes mailbox since last Thursday!!! Despite numerous questions sent to customer support (without any accurate response) this has not been resolved. Its now been 24 hours since I sent my last question to which I have had no reponse at all.

Is it PN standard practice to ignore customers if they can't sort the problem? What is PN's definition of the word 'fixed'?

If you look at the service announcements everything has been resolved! ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!! AND BEFORE ANY OF YOU MONITORS/CUSTOMER SERVICE BODS OUT THERE ASK - NO THE NAME DOESN'T HAVE A DOT IN IT.

Finaly. I've never been one to complain and PN until now have provided me with a very good service (with a little push every now and again).

Comments would be appreciated.
26 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Email still down again.

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in getting this sorted for you. I've passed this ticket onto our networks team for further investigation.

The issues we have had with mail over the last few days have been documented on Service Status, however the support team could have given more detailed responses to you in these instances. I have passed feedback on to address this in future.
Saturn
Grafter

Email still down again.

Yep mine's been cracking up for a couple of days and has completely gone right now.
N/A

Email still down again.

I have had Outlook Send/Receive errors for about 2 weeks myself.

Now the webmail is not accpeting my login.
N/A

Email still down again.

Thank you for the response. I would like to point out (again) that according to the service status announcements (for what they're worth) the issue I have has been resolved which is in fact shall we say an ERROR in judgement/not factually correct.

Since my last post it has actually got worse.

Now all my mailboxes have stopped working. Can't collect or log in to webmail for any of the four I have set up.

Seems to me like this is a wider issue than just me! DO PN know what's happening out here?
Username
Grafter

Email still down again.

Still having problem here too - Just looked at Service Status and is report that the next update will be posted yesterday - very helpful indeed :roll:
caribou
Grafter

Email still down again.

Yup, this morning my personal PlusNet account is goosed and my work's business PlusNet email accounts are also not working. Why has there not been an update on the Service Status page? Trying to hide bad news?
N/A

Email still down again.

Since I raised this last Thursday PN have not given any accurate info but I've been told "this has been passed up to our techincal team" twice.

It really does look like PN don't know what the hell is happening and that customer service and technical don't talk to each other. Or is it the "cheques in the post" scenario again!!
Ianwild
Grafter

Email still down again.

I think we're looking at two different issues here, which invariably will lead to some confusion - We'll get more info into service status as soon as possible.

Ian
N/A

Email still down again.

Our Mail boxes have all stopped woking as of 15 mins ago

What the hell is going on. We cannot access any of our mail boxes. This is a business account and we need an urgent resolution.

The service status is still not been updated from last night!!
N/A

Email still down again.

Hmmm Post in the forum and the problem is resolved.

All now working again.
N/A

Email still down again.

Morning Ian,

What two separate issues?

As detailed before I've had a ticket raised since last Thursday with this issue and looking at the posts in here so have others, some for longer than I.

One of the complaints I have is that it seems as though customer service treat the issue as a 'one off' when its quit plain that this is a much wider issue!
N/A

Email still down again.

Same thing here. I posted in a similar thread from my personal account and my email started to work again. Now I'm trying from our business account to see if that works.
Community Veteran

Email still down again.

Hi there,

As per the Service Status posted here http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55483 this is a problem which we are currently investigating and is affecting connectivity to our authentication database.

We apologise for the difficulties experienced and the inconvenience caused.

We will do our utmost to resolve this as quickly as possible.
Mand
Grafter

Email still down again.

Hi there,

The problem posted by the OP is not related to the current wider issues, it is a problem with the actual setup of a mailbox.

We are currently working on a problem with the authentication database which is why mail recently stopped working, and also affects FTP access. A service status was posted to this effect a while ago.