Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email - serious delays!

Robtheplod
Grafter

Email - serious delays!

Hi All
I've noticed over last few days email sent to me by various peole seems to take hours, and often days. Seeing that there was a problem I sent one to myself this morning and I'm still waiting for it to arrive - is anyone else getting this? - Plusnet do seem to suffer from these issues more and more....
16 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Email - serious delays!

Hi,

There is a noted problem with delayed mail on service status, most mail seems to be being delivered in normal time or only delayed by a few minutes but we are seeing a few taking a bit longer. Most of the queue cleared off overnight but seems to have risen again today likely someone trying to spam our customers clogging the queues up.

We are continuing to work on it to get the mail out as quick as we possibly can.
N/A

Email - serious delays!

Some emails I'm getting are taking days to arrive - especially it seems from AOL addresses! Evil
markweaver
Grafter

Email - serious delays!

Yeah I have had to sign up with googlemail unfortunatly for a while as the delays are too long.

Tried to arrange to go out later that night but email didnt get through until the next day Smiley

Had use alternative communications means Smiley What are we savages? Smiley

PS I have a few googlemail invites if anybody wants one?
Community Veteran

Email - serious delays!

Indeed, I can "ditto" the delays - an e-mail sent some time yesterday afternoon (don't know the exact time) still hasn't arrived yet. Although some e-mails have got through since then much quicker - so it must only be certain servers affected.

Thomas
vic_newey
Grafter

Email - serious delays!

the mail you get following 'contact us ticket' which usually arrives in a minute no longer arrives for me,
an Ebay mail just arrived telling me I've' been outbid / bid again' on an item which ended last wednesday Tongue
Community Veteran

Email - serious delays!

Bah, this is getting annoying - how long have we been without fully working e-mail now? Two weeks? I can put up with a few minutes' delay, but not days. Evil

Thomas
Robtheplod
Grafter

Email - serious delays!

my email eventually came through this morning!
this is not just effecting a small amount of email - it seems everything is delayed at present, and I know of three other plusnet users with the exact same problem .... this problem comes around with alarming regularity.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Email - serious delays!

Part of the problem seems to be that eBay got themselves listed on a bunch of blacklists like SORBS and Spamhaus, it also looks like there's a huge amount of spam about at the moment for one reason or another and between them it's caused queues on some of the mail servers.
N/A

Email - serious delays!

I've JUST got one from PN saying my broadband fault checker has just started (this actually over 48 hours old)!
Community Veteran

Email - serious delays!

Dave

This is clearly not a good enough reason (excuse?) I (fortunately) still recieve my email from a wannadoo server, and am experiencing no delays.

If wannadoo can do it, why can't plusnet?
N/A

Email - serious delays!

More of the same here. A friend replied at about 2pm this afternoon to an email I sent her this morning (containing several paragraphs to be proof-read). As it had not arrived when we spoke on the phone at 9pm she sent it again, together with another email to a YahooGroup. The email to the YahooGroup has arrived via my Plusnet addy but the email to me hasn't!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Email - serious delays!

That isn't the whole problem, just part of it that hasn't helped any (but would explain vicnewey's delayed ebay mail). The network guys are working on this as hard as they can, and I've passed them on more details so they can see what you guys are seeing as well which should help.
Highlighted
N/A

Email - serious delays!

I forwarded an email from my wifes downstairs machine to my machine upstairs.

It didn't and it still hasn't arrived. I resent it via hotmail and it arrived at my machine, no probs...

Outlook express and hotmail; one delivered and the other didn't. :shock:
N/A

Email - serious delays!

I'm having this problem aswell - I sent a few test emails from gmail to plusnet and it took over a day to receive, not the near instantaneous receive we're all used to - isnt that the huge advantage of email over letter anyway!?

You say about the SPAM, would turning off the spam detection in the email settings do anything? - I doubt it but hey!