cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email redirects are intermittant

N/A

For the last few weeks I have been getting complaints from some of the 50 people I administer email redirects for, especially when they contain attachments (not large ones).

The emails are mainly being re-directed to non-PlusNet accounts, such as BTconnect, btopenworld. Ten percent are either arriving late or not at all.

In the last few weeks I have been sent 8 emails from one person with .exe or .zip file attachments to my plusnet mailbox but non of them arrived.

When will PlusNet fix these problems?

Why is it happening?

Are other people experiencing these problems?

Are missing emails (and attachments) lost forever or will they turn up in the near future?

Thanks,

Andy
4 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

Can you confirm the senders haven't had the email bounced back?

It really is difficult to do (Lose email) for one customer and not everyone else at the same time. It certainly isn't a specific problem we are aware of at this stage and I would like to look into it further...

Regards,
N/A

Apart from a couple of bounced messages re. one re-direct to btconnect saying the email was blocked by spamhouse (2 weeks ago) there have been no other bounced messages.

Thanks for looking into this. Does my email component need refreshing again?

Andy
jberry
Grafter

Hi Andy,

Refreshing the e-mail component will only resolve authentication issues unfortunately. In this situation we have two options. One is to try and replicate the issue by setting up a redirect and sending lots of mails through.

The other (and easier initially) is to check the messages that have had problems. Can you provide us with the headers for some delayed mail and any bounced messages that may be relevant (i.e. not the spamhaus one) as this will help us pin down the problems.

Regards,
N/A

I have posted a delayed header on the ticket that I raised yesterday. Thanks