cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email redirection

N/A

Email redirection

Due to it being a waste of time and money phoning technical support and the tickets sometimes take weeks to be replied to, thought I'd ask on here.

I am trying to redirect email from my domain name to another address (a BTinternet one).
In the email settings, mailbox configuration, I click add re-direct. I enter my domain name email address, then the btinternet address to be redirected to.
Both these are straight forward addresses, just alpha and numeric characters plus the '@'.
I then get an error message saying the email address (doesn't say which one) I have entered contains illegal characters, it must contain only alpha or numeric characters and the usual email symbols such as '@', '.'.

Anyone had this prob?

I have just tried again and no matter what email address I put in both fields, I get the error message:
The name you have chosen contains one or more illegal characters. Spaces (whitespace) are not allowed. Allowed characters are: letters, numbers, and ".@!_-"

What's the prob plusnet?
3 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Email redirection

Hi

I've answered your ticket for you. The message received relates to the address you want to redirect.
N/A

Email redirection

Hi,
I've replied to my ticket for you.
Followed instructions, now a different error message. Smiley
Good 'ere init!
Mand
Grafter

Email redirection

Hi

I've set this up for you manually and responded to your ticket Smiley