cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email redirection troubles

N/A

Can someone tell me if this is possible:
I own the domain www.alienexistence.com which I also use for my email.

I would like to give an email address to : c l i v e @alienexistence.com, which must be only picked up by him using a password of his choice and not mine.

I have tried setting up a redirect in email settings where the first part I have entered clive, and the second part his nomal full email address that he uses. It doesnt seem to be working though as when I sent an email to the above example, it came to me instead.

Do I need to setup a mailbox and a redirect?? Confused
Many thanks
Steve Watkins
http://www.alienexistence.com
3 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

You could use a redirect, or setup a mailbox. I am not sure whether redirects and mailboxes work instantly, or if they take a bit to become operational. It has also been known for redirects to stop working at times, this has ahppened at least once Smiley

His login would then be to mail.plus.net, username: steveuk+clive, password: what you set.
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

You can use a redirect or a mailboxes and looking at your account you were doing in correctly - but remember that it can take up to 4 hours for a mailbox to start working after you have set it up through the portal. By the looks of it you were deleting the redirects after about 20 minutes.

Regards,
N/A

I will try the redirect method again. I was a but hasty in deleting the setup as I wasn't sure what the outcome would be and I didnt want my emails sent to clive by mistake.

Many thanks for the excellent advice, its much appreciated.