cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems

N/A

Email problems

Hi
I am having problems with getting my email, it took three goes to access the server, then it was really slow, both using outlook express and through the web. Is there a problem again? status shows O.K.Huh
Ken
42 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Email problems

There may be problems - see this thread posted recently.
N/A

Snap!!

Snap!! Having the same problem, cannot retrieve mail using Express, eventually managed through WebMail, though it took several attemps & a long time for just 2 mails.
Community Veteran

Email problems

Have you both raised a Contact us ticket so support are aware - they are not monitoring this board all the time.
csogilvie
Grafter

Email problems

Service Status should be updated shortly...
N/A

Problems, problems everywhere

Sad
Yes I too am having problems. Took several attempts to get my mail. Even the status page threw up an error for me.
The standard of service given by PlusNet has fallen dramatically over the last few days.
What is the reason for this?
I think we should be told!!
PlusNet are not the cheapest ISP around. Far from it. I am paying the extra for the better service they usually give. If that is not to continue then neither will my custom.
How about it PlusNet. How long before you sort ALL of the probelms PROPERLY?

Dave
csogilvie
Grafter

Email problems

Within the next two weeks we will be taking significant measures to address the root cause of recent email and customer webspace problems and will announce the additional work we have planned closer to the time.

That was posted on the 28th January so I would expect something this week or next week...
N/A

Email problems

Thanks Colin

Any idea what the root cause was.

Dave
csogilvie
Grafter

Email problems

A disk storage cluster dying from memory... note that I am just assuming that from what I can remember of Service Status issues over the last week.
Barry_Doe
Grafter

Email problems

I posted this under another thread earlier today:

Post subject: Taking a long time to authorize

I wonder if other users are experiencing this. Whilst email is now back up to speed and without delays, the one thing that is poor - and getting worse - is that, once logged on and connected, any emails to be sent go at once as always, but then when it goes to collect emails it freezes on "authorize" for between 20 and 30 seconds with the 'connection lights out' before it comes to life and downloads. It's not that vital as nothing is lost and it always authorizes in the end, but the wait used to be a few seconds, not 20 - 30.

Barry

However, by early afternoon the time was lengthening and I could see it would develop into a total failure again which it has - I cannot now authorise at all either with Outlook Express or by web mail.

The anoying thing is that, once again, the Status says all is well.

Barry
Community Veteran

Email problems

My original link was to your thread.
N/A

Email problems

Hi All
I was just going to post asking if there was problems with the E-Mail part of Plus Net again and I see that there surely is.
I have had problems most of the afternoon and just can not get it to open to check if I have mail or not, if Mr Wild is there can you please let us know whats wrong and why it seems to keep happening lately.
Thank you in advance.
Peace
Andrew.
csogilvie
Grafter

Email problems

Ian is on a course this week so may not be around to answer queries. However, Josh posted to Service Status just before 6 - http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13498
N/A

Email problems

I've only been with Plusnet for about a month (chosen after comparing a number of ISPs) and I have to say that I'm wondering if I made the right choice now. My broadband connection was previously provided by Freeserve and although they didn't offer much value-add stuff the connection and basic services were rock solid.

I know that every ISP has problems from time to time, but this is getting ridiculous as the problems seem to be back to back at the moment.

Mark.
jberry
Grafter

Email problems

Hi Mark,

The main issue at the moment is that all the problems you are currently seeing are all intrinsically linked together, and when we find and fix the root cause of the issue they will all be resolved.

The hardware failure on the cluster was something that no one can really plan for as computer hardware can and will die without warning. The slowdown was necessary as the RAID on the disks needed to be rebuilt, the only downside was this could not be done out of hours.

Regards,