cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems

N/A

Email problems

is there anybody having problems with their outgoing emails

mine wont send email it says the 550 no such recipient or just keeps asking for my password

can anybody help
13 REPLIES
N/A

Email problems

Is this a new / changed set up for outgoing mail?

My settings are set to point to relay.plus.net, port 25 (SMTP). It does not require a username/password. It fails if you do have this setup, uncheck the boxes that require this in your email client.

HTH
N/A

Is this a new / changed set up for outgoing mail?

I'm having the same trouble as grhodes. can't seem to sort it out. the problem is only in outlook express though, not the webmail portal. anymore ideas?Huh
N/A

Re: Is this a new / changed set up for outgoing mail?

I'm having the same trouble as grhodes

Oh no you're not... I don't have problems. Not that I know about anyway Cheesy

I was offering some settings info to see if it helped the OP.
N/A

Email problems

sorry grhodes. I meant imhjjones.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Re: Email problems

is there anybody having problems with their outgoing emails

mine wont send email it says the 550 no such recipient or just keeps asking for my password

can anybody help

As as has been mentioned you need to make sure your email client is not sent to use outgoing authentication. In Outlook Express click Tools > Accounts, select the Mail tab, highlight your account and click Properties. Select the Server tab and ensure there is no tick in 'My Server Requires Authentication'. (You may want to check your incoming username and password here aswell).

Finally, if you are using relay.plus.net as your outgoing server, ensure you are connecting through us.

If you are not connecting through us then change the outgoing server address to that of the provider you are using.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

The_Outlander

Email problems

I am also having email problems...although different ones to you. Some emails work OK others don't send. There seems to be a threshold of characters above which Send doesn't work. Only got this since dslconnect DSN problems on the 6th.

Anyone any ideas?
N/A

Email problems

I am having the same problem.
Running DSLConnect with Thunderbird with SMTP as relay.plus.net with no outgoing authentication.
Not sure what the problem is. Emails with HTML or attachments fail. Short test messages succeed. Therefore could be size related.
Have had problems since Friday 6th (I think). Nothing changed at my end on that date, therefore it must be related to the connection. Therefore have reconnected etc., flushed DNS cache. No luck.
This is a real problem for me and I need it sorted quickly.
Any advice?
N/A

Email problems

Looks like there is still a problem with not being able to access secure sites if your on DSLConnect. Although it states problem resolved I'm still unable to access Hotmail or send emails via Plusnet and thats been like since Friday.
Any updates on this before I rise a ticket?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Email problems

HI there,

I have reopened this and will make an amendment now with respect to the sending of emails.

Can I ask that one of you tries configuring the MTU settings in your router to 1400, rebooting and trying again??

If you're using a modem then you can download Dr TCP here. Change the MTU to 1400 after running the program (remember what it was set at previulsy so you can change it back), apply the changes, restart your computer and try again. If anyone can let me know how they get on it would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

N/A

Email problems

Hi
Just changed the MTU to 1400 for my modem and I can now access hotmail wihout any problems.
Many thanks.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Email problems

HI there,

Thanks for the feedbcak. Had a few similar reports so just updated the service status.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

suec45
Grafter

Email problems

I am having propblems setting up my email again after a reformat.
neither 'name@username.plus.com' or 'name+username' seems to work. It validates ok when I send/recieve, yet it wont recieve mails I have sent.

Can someone please verify which I am supposed to use please?
Community Veteran

Email problems

If you have no named mailboxes set up then just using your username as the account name will receive ALL mail.

If you do have named mail boxes then you should use username+boxname (which is the opposite of what you posted)