cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems still?

N/A

Email problems still?

Despite the service status announcement at 14.55, at the time of writing my email service doesn't seem to be much better than it was at this time yesterday. Incoming emails are being delayed, and I'm regularly getting timeouts when trying to connect to the Plusnet POP3 server.

Is anyone else still experiencing email difficulties, as I often seem to find myself in a minority when reporting such problems, and that's a trend which does concern me?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Email problems still?

No you are not alone in having problems email has been slow and I have had some timeouts but plusnet are very god at managing bad news and they seem to have a regular pool of people who report they don't have aproblem it must be you. :?
csogilvie
Grafter

Email problems still?

Even although the mail queues have cleared, if you have a lot of mail waiting, the authentication on POP3 can take some time.
N/A

Email problems still?

Even although the mail queues have cleared, if you have a lot of mail waiting, the authentication on POP3 can take some time.

What do you regard as being a lot?
csogilvie
Grafter

Email problems still?

Pass - I'm just passing on a rough translation of what Ian said to me Smiley
Ianwild
Grafter

Email problems still?

Here is a graph of the current mail queues.

It seems as though there was a bit of climbing after I posted, but as you can see it is nothing like as bad as yesterday.

As I said in the posting we are monitoring this, but I just sent myself an email, which arrived in 5 minutes or so, which is just about acceptable if far from ideal.

Can you let us know what the delay nt hose emails you are waiting for is once they arrive?

Cheers,

Ian
N/A

Email problems still?

Some are still taking up to an hour to arrive currently. Interestingly, the headers suggest they are being delivered much sooner than that, but my system checks for email every 3 minutes, so no delay is being introduced there.
Ianwild
Grafter

Email problems still?

That's right. The delay is being caused after the mail servers receive and process the mail, but before they are written to the mail storage space. As you know we are aware of this and have a permanent fix due next week. Until then we are doing our best to manage mail delivery in a timely fashion.

I will send some more test messages and see if I can recreate your experiance.

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Email problems still?

There still seem to be problems connecting to the mail servers this morning. So far I've had 2 timeouts from 3 attempts. It's too early to comment on delays, of course.
N/A

Email problems still?

The mail service seems to be fully operational, although we have received a few reports of people still getting slight delays. Our engineers will continue to carefully monitor the mail servers, but if you have some feedback please update us with your details via the Contact Us system. Thankyou.