cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems and the deleted items.

N/A

Hi

On the 9th July around 700GB of email was deleted. We have carried out further investigations in to the type of data that was contained in the emails. This investigation indicated that approximately 50% of these emails were identified as spam email, approximately 48% was email that had already been read, downloaded and a copy left on our servers with the remaining 1-2% of the email deleted being unread.

Reference to the 48% already read...

The problem is people like me may check email on there laptop and leave a copy on the server so saves me having email on 2 pcs.I may delete it expecting to be able to download it when i go onto my desktop (only then is it deleted from the server).

So I could have still lost mail that say had an attachment or something i needed to download and print off on my desktop.

Regards

John
2 REPLIES
N/A

All the mail from the affected days has now been decalred as "lost forever". There was an announcement about it in service status last week.

Mark
N/A

I know its gone Sad

Just the fact they state its been read dosent mean unless its actually been deleted off the server that the email and maybe its attachments were actually saved.

John