cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email playing up again??

N/A

Email playing up again??

It has been ok for a couple of days now the problems are back again.Huh Anyone else having problems?
23 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Email playing up again??

There's nothing showing up internally that should be affecting email, are you experiencing exactly the same problems as before the maintenance?
Alecto
Grafter

Email playing up again??

It's playing up a bit here also. It hesitates when displaying "authorising", and takes up to 10 seconds to get past that stage.
Community Veteran

Email playing up again??

I am having the same problem can delay for about 30secs sometimes and then it finally connects and does its job
N/A

Emails slow to connect

I am having the same problem, it seems to hang for upto 30 sec , then connects this has been happening for the last 4 days and although no a major problem it is very irratating, I know I should have more patients but I cannot help, swearing at the PC when it happens.

As it appears not problem is showing as Plusnets end, maybe Plusnet should send out a global email asking how many customers are having this problem, so they can guage how big a problem it is, and if a significant number of customers are affected they can release the resources to investigate and cure the problem. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Queenmab- 2mb premium account
JonathanW
Grafter

Email playing up again??

I've just been upstairs to talk to networks about this, and they're aware of the situation.

Could I just ask if any of you are having these problems with pop3 email collection, or is this just whilst using IMAP to read your email?
chrisco
Grafter

Email playing up again??

Also having probs again with time outs POP3 e mail collection. (Outlook mail client.) Sad

Chris Cole
N/A

Email playing up again??

Yep POP3 is timing out here too!!
Ommin
Grafter

Email playing up again??

Has been very sluggish throughout the day ( POP3/Outlook.)
JonathanW
Grafter

Email playing up again??

I'll feed this back through to networks, as looking at it earlier there was nothing obvious that should be causing pop3 to time out, though there was something that could potentially cause IMAP to time out or be sluggish due to the nature of the protocol.
N/A

Email playing up again??

Will these email problems ever be sorted out getting time outs again all night
and no it's not my Antivirus software before anyone asks :?
N/A

Email playing up again??

As posted in another thread I have had this problem since about 01:48 today.

Task 'Tom- Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I have spoken to my sources and have been told there is nothing showing at their end.

Is anyone seeing the same error as I am do we know? Nothing changed and nothing was added, moved etc on my system or network. It simply started.

Regards,
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Email playing up again??

I am not seeing a major slowdown/timeouts this time but it is still very noticeable that the PlusNet e-mail server is much slower to respond than the Freeserve one (I get mail from one Freeserve and two PlusNet mailboxes) using Outlook 2003
N/A

Email playing up again??

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'xxxxxxxxxxx', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Not my anti Virus either!!!! Nor is it my Firewall!!! its been like this since yesterday morning. Please please fix it!!!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Email playing up again??

Have you tried testing it using telnet? (Information here - SMTP is near the bottom of the page.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)