cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email - or not ?

N/A

Email - or not ?

Hi; I'm working away from home this week and usign Webmail to check incoming messages. I've had absolutely zero e-mail since 17:00 Monday (when I last checked).

Either the spam checker is working overtime or there's something else amiss.

Is this a service reserved for me alone or am I suffering from a common issue?

Cheers,
Jeremy
22 REPLIES
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Email - or not ?

Well I was wondering the same thing - though I did get some mail late last night, none today, which is odd as I normally get a lot of spam.

Actually I just noticed that I'm not getting connected to the POP mail server! AWOL again.
N/A

Email - or not ?

Hi,

If your using imap you may have a problem. I can't connect to ijmap via my mail client or webmail. Also checking webmail via pop3 seems to give no messages since last night but I know I've had some!

John
long-gone
Grafter

Email - or not ?

I'm getting email from my other accounts, but not the PN account. There are also reports of this on the newsgroup. Email seems to be borked again (but service status is still green). Cry
Community Veteran

Email - or not ?

My email worked earlier this morning but not any longer. I can send but not receive using Outlook Express.
N/A

Email - or not ?

Just got this from cs in reply to a question asking if e-mail was down again:

We are receiving reports this morning or multiple users being unable to connect to our IMAP e-mail service. This is currently being investigated and a report is about to be raised with our networks team to resolve this issue.

Portal seems to slowing up badly again.

John Sad
bluewhale
Grafter

Email - or not ?

pop is also down

and the forums are slugish so iguess we are in the same situation as last week...
N/A

Email - or not ?

Just got this from cs in reply to a question asking if e-mail was down again:

We are receiving reports this morning or multiple users being unable to connect to our IMAP e-mail service. This is currently being investigated and a report is about to be raised with our networks team to resolve this issue.

John Sad
canford
Grafter

Email - or not ?

Portal running like treacle.... again

POP servers timing out...... again

The sheer incompetence of it.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Email - or not ?

No email AGAIN!!! Evil :twisted: Evil
Alecto
Grafter

Email - or not ?

Yes, email down again. No surprise there then. Good job I've started using Gmail as my main mail now.
N/A

Email - or not ?

Same here, I assume I'm not the only person who's raised a ticket on this, and again people are posting these problems on here...

...but again there's no information on the status page. Not only is this a poor mail system, but the lack of interest shown bt PN when their kit goes wrong just rubs salt in an already very large wound.
N/A

Email - or not ?

A very large open and festering wound at that.
N/A

Email - or not ?

...and as if by magic!

So it took over FIVE HOURS to ackowledge their fault and make the information available publically. I think PN should consider running train companies instead.
RobDickson
Grafter

Email - or not ?

At least the service status has been updated now. I wonder whether the problem will be solved "later on this morning".