cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not arriving

trigat
Grafter

Email not arriving

Has anyone else noticed they have not been receiving all the email sent to them recently. i have been sending myself emails from customers sites and some of them have never arrived.
I have also had a few of our customers notice this who are also on plus net.
18 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Email not arriving

When you say customer's sites do you mean via an online form of sorts or just via their ADSL accounts?

I'll assume you mean the latter.

What email provider are you sending from and more importantly what relay server are you using to send to your own address? Have you noticed any correlation between any of the examples you've seen?

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

trigat
Grafter

Email not arriving

When i have sent mail to myself it is via their ADSL accounts the relay server is plus nets, 90% of our customers use plus net for adsl and email.
But they are also having problems receiving mail from the outside world I've not noticed any particular pattern to it.
Edward

Email not arriving

Several of my clients who are on PN have been complaining that emails from established contacts have not been arriving. In each case they have confirmed this to be the case by telephone contact with the senders.

Have the anti-spam filters gone horribly wrong?

And why have I not received any 'quarantine' messages from the anti-virus filters for several days?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Email not arriving

The spam filters have gone horribly wrong and a very, very high proportion of emails are wrongly being tagged as spam. If you have rules to delete [-SPAM-] tagged emails without checking them visually first you will have lost at least 75% of your emails.

The quarantine emails may have been tagged as spam and gone the same way.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
trigat
Grafter

Email not arriving

In my case i have turned off the spam filter for all of our customers because of the problems that are happening at the moment, so that shouldn't effect us.
rslsys
Grafter

Email not arriving

Are your clients picking up mail via SMTP?

I'm seeing stuff being held onto by the autoturn server which clients are then struggling to de-queue.
trigat
Grafter

Email not arriving

No ours are using the pop3 accounts for incoming mail
N/A

Email not arriving

I am still waiting for an email sent yesterday 30/11/06 at 4:57pm.

Eventually I told the sender to re send it to my gmail a/c
N/A

Email not arriving

I am experiencing generic e-mail delays (and possibly losses) across several different incoming and outgoing mail servers. One of the ISPs (http://www.hostonce.com) admitted a mail DOS attack but some mail that I know was sent to that server on Monday still hasn't arrived and yesterday most routine e-mail was delayed somewhere by 6-12 hours.

Obviously, plusnet current SPAM filters are almost a waste of time given that in my experience they filter out most of my genuine email as false positives.
Liam
Grafter

Email not arriving

The mail queues do look fairly stable at the moment and we're not aware of any mail delays other than what one can reasonably expect from an im-perfect protocol.

If and when it does arrive, the headers will indicate where the delay is, but I don't believe we have any specific delay issues at the moment.
N/A

Email not arriving

Well, yesterday's email (see earlier) still has not arrived, and a test message that I sent to myself today at noon, has not arrived yet.

However I have received the odd email with a posting time of 15:45.

Is there any point in rising a ticket?
Liam
Grafter

Email not arriving

What outgoing mail server are you using?
N/A

Email not arriving

Incoming mail.plus.net

Outgoing relay.plus.net
Liam
Grafter

Email not arriving

We're not getting any reports of E-Mail delays in tickets or calls and generally we're very busy when we're experiencing delays.

I've just sent a test mail to all my accounts and all have arrived quickly.

I also sent one to one of your mailboxes and saw it arrive promptly (you can delete it) :

Message  	 Size  	 Date

1 4506 1 Dec 2006 17:54:47