cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email mailboxes for registered domains

N/A

I have recently registered a domain name through plusnet. Unfortunately, I do not appear to be able to set up a mailbox for this domain.

WIth my username.plus.com account, i can set up mailboxes to filter emails sent to person1@username.plus.com and person2@username.plus.com etc such that only person1 will see emails to person1 and only person2 will see emails sent to person2. Mailboxes are set up via the portal and are directly associated to your account and the associated anyone@username.plus.com email address.

I would very much like to do precisely the same for my registered domain, e.g. mailboxes for person1@mydomain.co.uk and person2@mydomain.co.uk etc.

WIthout this, of course, the email server will download to me (and everyone else at home downloading email to mydomain.co.uk) every email sent to mydomain.co.uk, so i will clearly be able to see emails to person1@mydomain.co.uk and person2@mydomain.co.uk etc

Hence, does anyone know how to set up mailboxes for domains registered within plus net? Failing that, does anyone have any other ideas other than excessively complicated methods such as installing a mail server on a machine?

Many thanks,

PMR
2 REPLIES
N/A

I think you query is similar to what mine was a while back:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30528&highlight=

i hope it helps

From what ive experienced - anyone sending an email to

person1@mydomain.co.uk will go to your person1@username.plus.com

and anyone sending email to person2@mydomain.co.uk will go to person2@username.plus.com

just as bob@mydomain.co.uk will go to bob@username.plus.com etc...
Pathfinder
Grafter

The email system works just on the name. So if you have a username called "john" mail to john@plusnetname.plus.com and john@mydomain.co.uk will both arrive at the email box configured for "john". If you havent set up an email box for "john" then it will arrive at the default one.