cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email issues yesterday

Mand
Grafter

Email issues yesterday

We experienced an issue yesterday whereby customers were unable to access their email for a short period of time. This was resolved, although not as swiftly as we would have liked.

We would like to provide more information regarding the root cause of the issue. The problem was located with a bug in a piece of hardware at our new co-location facility. This prevented connection to the servers stored there from our present buildings. We have taken steps to ensure that this sort of issue does not reoccur. Whilst this would usually be located and resolved very quickly, we were in the process of completing power tests at our existing building, which hampered the fault finding procedure considerably.

The power testing at our present building has now been completed, and we now have all of our equipment located at the new co-lo facility.

We would once again like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Email issues yesterday

Thanks Mand for a very clear explanation.
fallingwaters
Grafter

Email issues yesterday

Dosent sound like good planning if new hardware was commisioned whilst other testing was going on.

I would have thought that PN would have learnt this lesson a long time ago.

Thanks for providing the info.

Bill
N/A

Email issues yesterday

Sort the flaming smtp access problem out - do not give excuses. I work in tech support - and i know that if i give pathetic excuses i get berated. the answer is FIX IT - and not waste time on junk like this!

Do not tell me - we do not pay for free smtp, we HAVE to pay eh? Well frankly it is a joke, I follow the instructions to the letter - NO GO!

has the smtp addy changedHuhHuhHuh??

I cannot send anything!!!!
Thankfully, I have a far superior free email service from bluebottle!
N/A

Email issues yesterday

Email is a basic service which i expect to be able to use at all times.

I was unable to retrieve my mail for over 12 hours.

Very dissapointed, the first major problem since joining PlusNet. It has been noted.
N/A

Email issues yesterday

Email is a basic service which i expect to be able to use at all times..

At Plusnet, email is an added value service. You only pay for your Internet connection. Everything else is a bonus.
mikeb
Grafter

Email issues yesterday

and apart from for PAYG@9.99 where it is apparently part of an "optional bundle" which I would guess is presumably also paid for in any case, where exactly is this stated ? ... or am I suffering chronic sense-of-humour failure and have simply missed the 'joke' Wink
N/A

Email issues yesterday

At Plusnet, email is an added value service. You only pay for your Internet connection. Everything else is a bonus.

No you don't, you pay for a package that includes email as well as other things, no where when I singned up did it that "we are giving you email out of the goodness of our hearts, but it will fail 3 times week so you might be better off paying for it somewhere else" :roll: