cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email help please.......

N/A

Email help please.......

What does this error message mean?

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I'm on XP using Outlook Express and haven't changed any of my settings recently.

Any help appreciated as I'm a techno-dork. Cheers.
9 REPLIES
newinvention
Grafter

Email help please.......

Hi, I'm a bit of techno dork too ... but if I get this message it just means the line's gone down. Maybe just temporary. Keep trying, I would say.
N/A

Email help please.......

If the line had gone down, surely I wouldn't be able to get on t'internetHuhHuh
N/A

Email help please.......

Are you on Tiscali LLU? and did you get the message in the last half hour?
N/A

Email help please.......

No, I'm not on Tiscali and I've been getting the message since this afternoon.
N/A

Email help please.......

Ah OK. The Tiscali LLU hickuped at 20:05ish and I though that may have been your problem, ah well..
N/A

Email help please.......

I haven't been able to collect my email now for a few hours, the mail.plus.net server don't appear to be accepting the account of password.

Is this happening to anyone else?

les
dunleyhouse

Email help please.......

simlar for me:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'MAIL.PLUS.NET', Server: 'MAIL.PLUS.NET', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
N/A

Email help please.......

It means 'your ISP is plusnet'.
N/A

Email help please.......

dunleyhouse: that particular error means that plusnet's mail server refused your connection attempt. It's normally solved by trying again later as the likely fault is that the server was overloaded.