cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email help please

N/A

Email help please

I have moved a domain into plus net from 1&1. Web pages appear OK. I have a few email boxes set up with PlusNet, say fred, john, kevin etc. and these all work OK with my account with PlusNet and I understood that now any email addressed to say fred@'moved in domain.co.uk or john@my moved in domainco.uk or kevin@my moved in domain.co.uk would be treated as if my PlusNet account. Only email for kevin@my moved in domain.co.uk works. Any thoughts anyone. Hope I have explained it clearly enough.
Thanks
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Email help please

Hi,

Mail should work the same for the domain and your PlusNet addresses. Do you get any bounces at all sending to your domain name or any error from your mail client? Have you checked your catch-all mailbox in case the emails have ended up there for any reason?
N/A

Email help please

Thanks for that. When you said 'catch-all' it jogged my memory. I have been trying for about 4 hours trying to find what was wrong befor posting. Now I realise, I set rules on Outlook Express such that whoever is logging on, does not downlad someone elses email. Yes a rule that is set so I do not download another member of the family was also stoppng the particular addresses I was looking at. I think the word is 'idiot' or something stronger but I do not want to invoke the 'censor'. Anyway, thanks for giving me that extra nudge.