cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email hanging again

N/A

Email hanging again

For weeks now everytime I have checked for email around 1 am all that happens is the OE6 just shows "connecting" and it takes ages to check my account.
I reported this and was told they were aware of it.
Then I was told it had been resolved.
Well I don't think so as it happens any time of the day.
Waiting 25 mins to try and check /get email is beyond a joke.
I know it is NOT my pc, not my set and nothing on my pc.
It is the same regardless of a clean installation or not.
Anyone got any ideas?Huh
21 REPLIES
amcbride
Grafter

Email hanging again

I`ve been having this for a while, raised a ticket and keep coming back to reply to others who are still having problems. Plusnet state that the problem is fixed and will suggest its Norton/firewall/PC etc I only have problems with plusnet email all other email on several different servers get through to me OK. However I still get plusnet email timing out.
LiamM
Grafter

Email hanging again

Me also.... I've had some timeouts in the last 20minutes or so.
N/A

Email hanging again

I've also had problems with attempts to connect to mail.plus.net timing out for a while, and have a ticket open about it at present. However, in the past hour or so it's been worse than ever, to the extent that I can't connect to the server at all most of the time. The error message I've been getting typically is "Operation timed out" but, in the past hour, I've now also started getting "Error reported by WInsock driver: No response from server (Error 10060)".
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Email hanging again

I am experiencing exactly the same problem.
Checking for mail on my old Freeserve mail account always works but the the Plusnet ones are very variable. Sometimes times out but then a retry gives immediate connection other times I give up for 15 minutes then try again when it is usually OK
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Email hanging again

Hi,

The network guys have been looking into this over the last few days. From what we can see it certainly doesn't affect a large number of customer, and then only intermittantly for those that are.

We have got a project to make some changes to the mail platform which should resolve these problems. I don't know when this will be done, but there'll be a planned maintenance announcement nearer the time.
LiamM
Grafter

Email hanging again

Not a priority then, Dave?
N/A

Email hanging again

I think that this might affect more customers than you realise. It is certainly affecting me fairly badly, though intermittently.

This should be a priority.

Steffan
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Email hanging again

It is a priority, the work we are going to do has been fasttracked. It's just a case of planning the changes correctly and scheduling the work. It shouldn't be too long, but because of the nature of the issue being intermittant and not affecting any particular pattern of customers we want to ensure that this fixes the problem.
N/A

Email hanging again

Its certainly affecting me, waiting 20 mins to open an email is not what I pay my money for. I have had countless problems with the email service since you changed the interface. Also as I am using Win 98, trying to send a html email crashes my browser.

Kate
Lorian
Grafter

Email hanging again

Me too, web mail has been almost impossinle to log into all morning.

Still is.
N/A

Here too....

I'm using IE6 on XP (with all latest patches).

I log in, the pop-up opens.... and just stays there with a blank window. I'm lucky if I get anything after 45 minutes - its been happening all today, and on & off all week...

'c'mon chaps!

Nick
N/A

Email hanging again

Just to drop my tuppence in...

Outlook for the past week has regularly had POP errors collecting mail (e.g. 5 or 6 an hour on a check-every-5-minutes setup) and webmail today has been so unreliable it is crazy (Either getting a timeout error or the @Mail "Refresh an try again" page)
Community Veteran

Email hanging again

I'm getting the same happen intermittently too. I'm using the Mac OSX Mail program and have the message 'connecting to server "mail.plus.net" ' showing for ages, till it times out. Then it shows that particular mailbox as being offline. Often it will just happen to one PlusNet mailbox and not another. I'm not finding it inconvenient, just a bit annoying when I keep having to take mailboxes online again.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Email hanging again

I have posted several comments about the new web mail service over the past few weeks. In general I quite like it....it just doesn’t work !!!

I have given up raising tickets as support staff don't seem to think there are any common problems.

I would really like a developer to review all the comments on this forum and maybe acknowledge the service still has a lot of bugs in it.

Bugs are to be expected with a new service but I find it very frustrating to have a complete lack of recognition about the problems or any news about fixes.

Come on PlusNet. One of the reasons I switched to you from demon was your Customer Service reputation.