cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from Mark kelly

Salopian
Dabbler

Email from Mark kelly

I have just had an email fro Mark Kelly claiming to be from Plusnet. The email contains information that makes me doubt it.
"I was a partner in a successful IT Consultancy company in Northern Ireland." "an opportunity to join the team back in October 2006, initially as a Technical Shift Manager in the Customer Support Centre"

Would a partner in a successful IT Consultancy give it up to go and work in a call center, which also ment moving to England?

Has anybody else received this email?

Barry.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Email from Mark kelly

Would a partner in a successful IT Consultancy give it up to go and work in a call center, which also ment moving to England?

Yes he absolutely would. Smiley

I could go on and tell a massively long story but I wont bore you, well not yet anyway.

The email is genuine, its from me and I am looking forward to working with you and our referrer community and indeed all of our customers over the coming months.

This email has been sent to our referrers today. Hopefully I'll see you on our Community Site where we can discuss what I can do for you and the rest of the community.

Hope that clarifies and I apologise if the email led to any doubt.

Take care.
Laugh
Grafter

Email from Mark kelly

I've received it too and it's from the Referrals Manager! No wonder they've got pool tables at PN Towers - he's going to have a lot of time on his hands Wink

It's all very matey matey and I'm not sure how well it will go down, but it's in keeping with the 'open and honest' frameork of PN, which is certainly one of their strongest qualities.

It made me smile, though, that they should send a copy to me. I'm leaving on Monday (or thereabouts?) because I got fed up of being messed about by them. Quite why he thinks I'd refer anybody is beyond me. Although I could pass on the mother-in-law's details........ A fitting revenge Wink
N/A

Email from Mark kelly

Yes I just got it too. He wrote

but I wont bore you, well not yet anyway

Mark, you already have. Welcome to the cockpit that is PlusNet.

BUT... I have to congratulate you. At least you, or your secretary, were able to use my latest email address which I only created yesterday. And I didn't have to follow some unwritten rule about sending you a PM (that's a private message by the way) to tell you my PlusNet email address for all correspondence so that you would not try to contact me via a two-year old email address from a previous ISP.

Please take a few minutes to read the following forum discussion thread http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56640 and you will see what I mean. Then perhaps you could have a word about email communications.

Good luck with the new job.

Regards
GCJ
jeffygeoff

Email from Mark kelly

Could i add that the email doesnt look genuine ( i can now see from this link that it is) and with all the spam going out will make people think thats exactly what it is. Is there any way to make emails from plusnet look official and not spam trying to get you to click on their links.
Aterlatus
Grafter

Email from Mark kelly

Just got my copy and I have to agree it's a bit plain...

Get the web gurus to do their thing on your next mailing ;p
N/A

Email from Mark kelly

This has got to be the funniest bit of the email:
As a PlusNet customer, I referred many of my clients up until early 2006, when the quality of service deteriorated and I, unfortunately, lost confidence.
:lol:
I have to say, much of the email seemed to just big-up PlusNet which won't go down very well. At this point I'm quite reluctant to recommend PlusNet...

IMHO if an ISP is doing it's job properly it doesn't need to brag Wink
Laugh
Grafter

Email from Mark kelly

@webwise: That bit made me laugh too :lol:

But he's got all his confidence back now that he's getting these sooper dooper special offers for magic pills in his mailbox Wink Sorry Mark Shockedops: couldn't resist :lol:
N/A

Email from Mark kelly

Dear Mark Kelly

And there was me congratulating you on getting my new email address correct. Then you went and spoiled it by sending me the same message again to my "postmaster" alias/redirect (perm any one from two and work out the priority - see PN "Help" for no assistance).

I still haven't read past the first couple of paragraphs of either so please don't send me any more. ReferralsHuh You must be joking. I am still offering grovelling apologies to the one person I did refer for doing so. Not to mention the dozens of people I had in my webmail address book whom I have had to contact to notify of a change to my email address to avoid the Spam.

I'd give it a few months yet before you start asking customers to make referrals. At least it's summer. Good for a nice long holiday.

Don't forget: take me off your list please.

Regards
GCJ
tex
Grafter

Email from Mark kelly

Well I look forward to updates to the referral scheme. Despite a few hiccups PN is the best ISP I ever had. I've referred a few of my friends and not only are they happy but I get a few quid off my bill every month Cheesy

Thanks Mark.
grimme
Grafter

Email from Mark kelly

Referrals are not a good subject as our original referrer is concerned.

They referred us back in 2003 from a dial-up account when we started on a Business ISDN account. Although they were not able to have a discount off their bill (due to their being on a cable line) the referral amount was building up in anticipation of a change to BT.

When the referral re-organisation was carried out 1/2 years ago, the referral was removed entirely (it had built up to about £27.00) and now they no longer count as having referred us in the first place.

It wouldn't have been so bad to have negated the amount built up - but to have removed the notion for that person to have referred us at all and not to allow that person to get referral amounts from the date of the re-organisation has meant that we no longer trust PlusNet to get this right.

No other person has been referred in connection with our account since then.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Email from Mark kelly

Dear Mark Kelly
And there was me congratulating you on getting my new email address correct. Then you went and spoiled it by sending me the same message again to my "postmaster" alias/redirect.

Communication is sent to the contact address and your postmaster address. This has always been the case, so I'm not sure quite what you mean by 'spoiling' it?

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran

Email from Mark kelly

Hi grimme.

I am not sure what went on with the case you have mentioned. But in fairness, the referral system does work. We have many customers receiving substantial amounts of referral payments each and every month.

We need to make some improvements and some changes. I want to work with our referrer community to make this happen.

As mentionted in the email sent on Friday, I have set up a forum for our referrers on our Community site here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?board=18.0 and I will gladly welcome all suggestions and feedback from you guys.

I am happy to investigate the issue which you have highlighted and gain an understanding of what exactly happened and why. If you would like to PM me with the username of the account which referred you I'll try and get some answers.