cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email down again?

N/A

Email down again?

is anyone else unable to send emails at the moment?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Email down again?

I assume you mean the PN email service? If so, I can't say as I stopped trusting PN with my email over a year ago.
MacOS10
Grafter

Email down again?

Yes, there are problems... again!!

I'm having problems sending emails from home (PlusNet account) into work (BT). After being missing for a few days they get bounced back to my PlusNet account, with the following message:
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<xxxxx@xxxxxxx.com>:
host xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.com [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]: 550 5.7.0 Your server IP address is in the SORBS DNSBL database, bye

Seems PlusNet have got one of their servers blacklisted with SORBS?
N/A

Email down again?

Informed them 4 days ago that 1 of there servers was on SORBS DNSBL, so they still have not stopped the BOT?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Email down again?

Hi,

Our mail servers and pretty every other ISP will always be listed on SORBS, it's the way that type of list operates. They only need one report of spam to blacklist a mailserver and then pretty much hold anyone to ransom to get them removed.

As such the results it gives aren't particularly reliable and no-one should block mail solely for being listed on SORBS. Anyone doing this will block lots of legitimate mail. SORBS should only ever be used as part of a scoring system for spam and never blocked.

The best thing to do is get in touch with the people you are trying to mail and explain that their ISP shouldn't be using SORBS in this way.

Do a google search for "sorbs delist" there are many cases of this.