cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email delays

N/A

Email delays

The status update about this problem says:

"Any new mail sent through the servers will not be delayed in any way as these are being processed through the remainder of the mailcore."

This is not true. Test messages I sent to myself when I thought there might be a problem at 12.16 (before I checked the Service Status ) have so far failed to be delivered 20 minutes later.

Is there an ETA on the full resolution of this problem, because erratic email delivery is a real pain?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Email delays

Mail sent at the time of the problem might be delayed. Your post suggests you sent this at the time to test it, in which case it could be in the queue.

Mail sent now is not delayed.

Chris
N/A

Email delays

The Service Status message I quoted was timed at 10.51. My test messages were sent at 12.16, so how can that be at the time of the problem when the Service Status message said that future emails wouldn't be delayed?
N/A

Email delays

Are you subscribed to the Virus or Spam filtering service?

If you are, e-mails take a lot longer, due to the various filtering that takes place.
jberry
Grafter

Email delays

Hi there,

Any mail sent after the time that I made the status posting should not be delayed (as it is not being processed by the machine with the mail queues on it). If you are experiencing a problem then please raise this through the Contact Us system and we will address them on a case by case basis.

Please ensure that you provide full headers in the ticket.

Regards,
N/A

Email delays

No I'm not, but thanks for the thought.
N/A

Email delays

Thanks Josh. I'll open a ticket when the test email arrives!