cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email delay?

N/A

Email delay?

Service status says "This means that messages sent today may be slightly delayed."
The next update not till 12.00 on 7/1/03

How long is the slight delay?

I sent mail via NetAnnounce on Saturday, Sunday and Today (Monday) none of which has reached it destination

--
woodhome.plus.com
chapel.plus.com
7 REPLIES
redbandit
Grafter

RE: Email delay?

Yeh! - the problem is a LOT worse that the "Service Status" pages suggest. I too sent messages Sun & Mon which have not arrived.

I think maybe the scale of this problem has been underestimated?

R

> Service status says "This means that messages sent today may be slightly delayed."
> The next update not till 12.00 on 7/1/03
>
> How long is the slight delay?
>
> I sent mail via NetAnnounce on Saturday, Sunday and Today (Monday) none of which has reached it destination
>

N/A

I too have noticed this email delay. Any word on when is is going to be rectified? This delay is at leats a day late if not more. Anyone know if its affecting incoming mail too?

> woodhome.plus.com
> chapel.plus.com

N/A

> Yeh! - the problem is a LOT worse that the "Service Status" pages suggest. I too sent messages Sun & Mon which have not arrived.
>
> I think maybe the scale of this problem has been underestimated?
>
> R
>
>
Good Morning,

Test messages we are sending at present are being delivered within a few seconds, although we acknowledge that some e-mails are still delayed at present. We are continuing to work on this as the highest priority and we will be making further updates to Service Status throughout the day.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> > Yeh! - the problem is a LOT worse that the "Service Status" pages suggest. I too sent messages Sun & Mon which have not arrived.
> >
> > I think maybe the scale of this problem has been underestimated?
> >
> > R
> >
> >
> Good Morning,
>
> Test messages we are sending at present are being delivered within a few seconds, although we acknowledge that some e-mails are still delayed at present. We are continuing to work on this as the highest priority and we will be making further updates to Service Status throughout the day.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Rob
> --
> | Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support...................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
>

So what's caused this delay? I know the service status says 'a large amount of e-mails' but why? Have there been large numbers of users clicking send at the same time or have the spammers found a nice open relay at +net? Smiley

Drew
N/A

I am running at leat 3.5 days late Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> I am running at leat 3.5 days late Sad

hmm I emailed a CV too a couple of employers yesterday and have replies to both already, no delay here.

--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
Usually in #utgames #UT2003chat
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Well, a couple sent this arvo arrived hour or two later. So that s a big improvement - thanks plusnet - but some from w/e still in the air.