cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email authentication

cenobyte
Dabbler

Email authentication

Anyone else getting password rejection for any of their mailboxes? All three of mine were doing that an hour or so ago but now it's just one.
14 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Email authentication

Hi,

There was a brief problem just after 4pm, details are available here:

http://www.plus.net/support/service/problems/problem.php?intProblemId=42433

Should all be working now, just run our test script on your mailboxes and it reported they all logged in fine. Can you try the problem one again and see if it works now please?
cenobyte
Dabbler

Email authentication

Yep it's working fine now, thanks for the quick reply. Smiley
N/A

connections

Please could you check my mailboxes, too, as I have been unable to connect since 4pm this afternoon.

Thanks
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Email authentication

Test script shows that they all work OK, on our side. You can check it yourself using webmail (link over on the left).

Probably best to try a reboot if you still see problems and re-enter the username and password details in the settings in case for some reason they were lost or overwritten when the problem happened earlier today.
N/A

Email authentication

A reboot and reset of passwords has now solved the problem.

Thanks Smiley
Plusnet Leader
Plusnet Leader

Email authentication

Good to hear Cheesy

Give us a shout if you have any more problems.
pushbikes-uk
Grafter

Email authentication

I too am having this problem and have been having it for days.

Should I reboot my Mac and my router?

It's getting pretty annoying I now get my email on my Blackberry before I get it on my Mac even though I am sitting at my desk!!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

Email authentication

Let me go and double check on this side for you.

*Edit

I have just tested all your mailboxes here, 3 of them took a few seconds to authenticate but that is caused by the volume of email in them. All of them connect without any issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
pushbikes-uk
Grafter

Email authentication

hmm they never used to work this way. Because of my Blackberry I have to leave a message on the server perhaps it would help if the boxes were cleared out?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Email authentication

It should certainly help the speed of viewing your mailbox if the number of messages is cut down.
You can use webmail to clear out any unwanted emails or delmail to completely empty your mailbox.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
pushbikes-uk
Grafter

Email authentication

Hi
I tried doing it that way once before and it took me hours !
I really dont have hours to spend doing it is there anyway it can be done from your end?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Email authentication

Going into webmail can be a lengthy process, delmail is the quickest way to remove everything from a mailbox. This should simply ask for your mailbox login and password, remember this completely empties the specified mailbox.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
pushbikes-uk
Grafter

Email authentication

Ah have just clicked on the delmail link looks like that should do the trick. Thanks for your help
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Email authentication

No problem, delmail can be a handy tool if the mailbox gets too big to access. Let us know if you have any more problems.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff