cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email and usernames

Wright
Dabbler

Email and usernames

I am having difficulty setting up additional mail accounts for my username on Outlook Express (2000).

If my default email address is username@username.plus.com and I want to set up an account for bob@username.plus.com what should I be putting into the account set up boxes?

I have tried using 'bob' and the associated password but this seems to cause an error when retrieving mail (cannot login to acount). I have also used 'username' and the associated password and can send email but not recieve it.

I've also tried 'username+bob' but this doesn't work either.

Any ideas or am I being daft?
2 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Email and usernames

It sounds like you are doing it right.

However, it can take up to a couple of hours for the changes to propogate the email servers, and this is likely to be why you are experiencing authentication issues immediately after you set up the mailbox.

Setup the mailbox as bob, and the username will be username+bob and password as you specified.

[EDIT] Just re-read your post, have you actually setup the mailbox on the mailbox config page of the portal. You need to add a mailbox here to your account, you will then be able to use it with OE (however, as I said, it can take upto 2 hours for the mailbox to start working)

Oh, and welcome to the forums!
Wright
Dabbler

Email and usernames

Thanks fo the help, I have just tried it again and it now works.

Plus.net must have taken some time to get the mail box up and running.