cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email all your users...

N/A

Email all your users...

Dear Plusnet

Could you set up a poll on the forums asking if the users are happy with speeds // caps/ info on each of said mentiond things, etc and then email all your customers to bring this to their attention, as I do not see it as fair that most of your users do not know what is going on with their connections. I would have to say you have less that 10% of your userbase active on this forum, and its those that nearly all have negative views, maybe if you got near on 100% posting (at least in one thread) you may get a more posative look at your services, or at least a more informative view.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Segment of post removed and op PM'd]
16 REPLIES
N/A

Email all your users...

and you'd also get kicked off the service for abusing the system Wink

Randomly generating mail addresses is bad.
You'd ahve to resolve the ip range plusnet use Wink to get usernames

wait i shouldnt be telling you this Tongue

[shutsup]

Most foke would prob ignore it.
N/A

Email all your users...

ok abusing the system : bad

but it would be nice for pn to keep all the users informed about things. seein as they do do it for the "majority of users" benifit
Community Veteran

Email all your users...

Indeed it would. Does anyone know what happened to the newsletter PN were doing?
N/A

Email all your users...

Daniel,

Nope I dont sorry, but its either a once a month occurance, or it simply wasnt in the interest of the majority to keep it on?

But seriously, I think it is a one a month occurance.
Community Veteran

Email all your users...

yip; but surely a month has passed by now?
N/A

Email all your users...

Not sure matey.

I paid that much attention to the last news letter ( err select + delete in 0.01ms flat I think ) that I cannot actually rmember around when it was sent out. But I am pretty sure it was around the beginning of the month.

I may be wrong though.
N/A

Email all your users...

The news letter was sent out on 1/12/05 dated "Issue 1 Dec 2005/Jan 2006" and said "From now on we'll be sending you a newsletter every 2 months, keeping you up to date with everything that's happening here at PlusNet and helping you get more from your account."
Community Veteran

Email all your users...

Thanks; Chris. I had the box not to recieve marketing guff ticked so I didn't get it last time round....
csogilvie
Grafter

Email all your users...

I assume its not recorded in Contact Us either?
N/A

Email all your users...

wow go go the mods for derailing the thread Tongue
JonathanW
Grafter

Email all your users...

If you were sent a copy of the newsletter, then it will also be recorded as a service notice on your account. In the same fashion that anything else emailed out to you is recorded.
N/A

Email all your users...

meh im talking about a mass email to all users explaing the FUP / P2P limiting // managment stuff to explain it all to them clearly. like using words that an 80 year old will explain, and that will clear up all the questions on it that have been asked here.. is that too much to ask?
JonathanW
Grafter

Email all your users...

The thing is, most people will never be affected by the SUP or other traffic shaping, due to their usage habbits. So sending a mass email out to all customers, no matter how simply it is explained, will just cause further issues rather than clearing everything up.
Neil_A
Grafter

Email all your users...

Hi All,

We're scheduling for later this month the next customer newsletter that will contain an article about how we manage our network which will give links to all the information that's on our website about the 'clean to...' management techniques on this page http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml