cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address with new free domain

robstreats
Grafter

I have just accepted, set up & configured (for pop3) my new free domain. I would now like to use an associated Email address e.g me@mydomain.co.uk. What do I have to do to receive such an address or will anything so addressed automatically go to me at @myusername.plus.com - thanks for any help.
92 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

Any mailboxes already set up will start to receive email for your new domain right away, you will simply need to give the address as mailbox@mydomain.co.uk, rather than mailbox@username.plus.com.

You can set up new mailboxes if you wish for specific addresses by selecting 'Email Settings' from the Member Centre menu and then 'Manage my Mail'.
N/A

Default Mailbox Refreshing

I've set up a new domain . but can only get domain-addressed emails through to a new (temporary) mailbox. Previously I just had a simple username@username.plus.com default catchall mailbox. Can I (dare I) delete and reinstitute this default mailbox so that it starts catching domain-addressed emails ?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

If you turn the catch-all on it will receive emails sent to anything@username.plus.com and anything@domain.co.uk, so you need to decide on whether this is beneficial or whether having specific addresses set up is the best way for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
robstreats
Grafter

This may be a dumb question, but how do I turn on 'catch-all' please?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Click here (or click Email Settings on the left hand menu)
Click on Manage My Mail
There is a Catch-all tab, click this and you can then alter the catch-all settings.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
robstreats
Grafter

Thank you Chris, for the very quick & helpful reply. :lol:
N/A

Default Mailbox cant get Domain-addressed mail

My default mailbox username@username.plus.com is not receiving mail addressed to anyone@newdomainname.co.uk (whether or not it is designated catchall) (and whether or not other mailboxes exist)

If I set up a new mailbox, and make it the catchall, the new mailbox then receives the newdomain-addressed mail no problem.

How do I get my default mailbox to accept domain addressed mail ?
mitchell20
Grafter

This also doesn't work on my newly created domain either.

I've tried sending an email to mailbox@mynewdomain.co.uk and I dont receive it from the mailbox@username.plus.com mailbox

Am I right in saying this is beacuse I have catch-all switched off and in order to receive mail from my new email I have to switch catch-all on and thus receive even more SPAM than I'm currently getting nowHuh?

In either case, both with catch all switched on and off I still dont receive the test email I send?Huh
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi mitchell,

You don't need the catch-all on to receive emails sent to your domain.
Any emails sent to mailbox@domain should arrive in the mailbox@username.plus.com mailbox. I'll give things a nudge from here and if it's still not working in around 2 hours then please let us know.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
pennbank
Grafter

Chris, Please if possible could you please give my sisters username which is classconserve the same treatment, as I can not e mail her new domain yet. I believe she has the same problem.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
hiflier
Grafter

I have the same problem.

I assumed that with the free domain hosting and a new email address, I would be able to (have to?)set up a new profile in Thunderbird for the new address. Or am I being a bit thick.

I thought that the free domain was to enable spam free (LOL)email to a new address, so if the "catch all" has to be turned back on to collect mail to the new address sureley this defeats the object of it?

Can you only set one new email address on the new domain, or will I be able to give my wife and son new ones on the domain?

If so, how is this done? What POP3 and mail relay settings have to be used?

Ian.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@pennhill

I'll certainly do what I can

@hiflier

Hopefully this page will help to answer your queries.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
hiflier
Grafter

Thanks Chris.

I read this page earlier and I think my problem is related to the fact that I've sent an email to mailbox1@newdomain.co.uk, and have an existing mailbox of mailbox1@username.plus.com.

This did not appear when I tried to collect mail from my mailbox1@username.plus.com mailbox.

Do I have to set up a new mailbox for the new domain emails with a different name before the @ in "Manage My Mail"

Many Thanks

Ian.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Any emails sent to mailbox1@domain.co.uk should arrive in the same mailbox as emails sent to mailbox1@username.plus.com, I'll go and give your account a nudge to make sure this happens.

unfortunately at the moment it isn't possible to have separate mailboxes for domains and the username.plus.com addresses
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team