cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address - not acceptable on various websites

pudn

This has probably been comvered many times before but I've searched and can't find it ....

I've 'sold' Plusnet to a number of my customers and at least two are reporting problems inputting their email address in to certain websites. I don't have the same problem as I have my own domain which I tend to use mainly.

The problem appears to be the use of a subdomain within the address, eg: 'anything@subdomain.plus.com'. The sites where this have been seen are not piddly little comapnies. One of them is a major cruise company. My customer is quite infuriated at having a problem reported after having input all sorts of details about a possible cruise. As I put them on Plusnet I am getting the flack.

Is there anything that can be done other than paying for a domain, or using a 3rd party mail server?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

whats the error message thats coming up when they input their email address? A lot of major ISPs including Wanadoo use this type of email as well.
pudn

I can't remember the exact wording but it is to the effect that the email address is not acceptable. The first one happened when I was there and Am able to confirm the emai8l address was entered correctly.
lank111
Grafter

If the website is having the issue accepting that 'style' of email addresses, Then its the website's fault! Nothing to do with plusnet!

Try emailing them instead of using the web form on their website.

As i know, plusnet, wanado and 'free' hosted service's use this style of domain.
It's always good to have a hotmail account as backup!!!
N/A

As long as they are inputting a valid e-mail address that has been setup I can't see why there would be a problem. More info about what the errors are would be handy.
N/A

Tell them to press CTRL and then C and paste the exact message into Notepad or Word.

I suspect the problem does not lie with Plus.