cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Timeouts - (Ref 35482) - RESOLVED.... NOT FOR ME!!!

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

No email again Evil Evil

This really is becoming tiresome now.
25 REPLIES
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Working now.
ravar
Grafter

Not working for me.
Alecto
Grafter

Me too.
Good job I use Gmail: :lol:

The server responded with an error. Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90
Community Veteran

its just stopped working for me as well I am raising this with Comms
jeffkey
Grafter

Not working for me

Not working for me either.

NOT RESOLVED......
N/A

Not working for me either, am totally and utterly sick of this, every w'end there seems to be problems and last week i was unable to retrieve mail for a good while! ( i did receive one Email ok though to tell me that Plus Net had successfully debited my bank acct for their monthly payment to rub salt into the wounds!!!) Are things going to get better as i am becomming more and more fed upHuh Sad
Community Veteran

Problems here too. I thought that the transfer of customers to the new mail platform didn't start until next week.

Could this be the cause of the problems or is it just the usual poor performance we're all getting used too.

A
DavidHH
Grafter

Message at 15:16, "The previously reporting problem causing customers to see an error message when receiving email or logging into our Webmail service has now been resolved."

At 18:11 I am still getting timeouts.
Community Veteran

Check here:
http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=email

Resolved in pn terms is not always resolved for the customer.

If PN could give detials of how long the after effects may last, such as 2hrs until the backlog is shifted or 3 days until it's looked at again, it would be helpful.

Sadly postings saying RESOLVED are sometime all to quickly posted.

Please PN acknolegde it is obviously not resolved and give us an update on when the longer lasting effects are likely to clear.

A
Community Veteran

I've tried to get it raised however when I mentioned it PN went very quiet!
running
Dabbler

I am still only getting time outs, on IE6, & can't even get on to my webmail. Time 18.21.

Please sort it out.
Community Veteran

My email client is stalling each time it tries to get email.

I think PN should start to consider offering a cheaper set of packages without emai. That way users can get reliable e-mail from another company and be no more out of pocket.

Come on PN how about it.

Forgot to mention they could reduce prices more as binaries have to be accessed elsewhere now to.
N/A

Resolved My A*se !

I would like to know just who fawlty towers aka plusnet think they are kidding ? What's the point in saying in 'service status' that a problem has been resolved when it clearly hasn't ?

On a very serious note : (and this is directly for basil) ...
Don't you think it's time to call it a day and leave the ISP business completely ? You could concentrate on other areas (telephony, hardware sales etc) and leave the ISPing to other companies who are much more able to cope with the demands it entails.
I am not saying this as a joke or to cause controvercy - I am entirely serious.
It is obvious to everyone that fawlty, er, plus net can't provide the services of a proper ISP - surely it's only a matter of time before watchdog get involved, and maybe the legal system too.
Although I freely admit I don't know what the legal position is, I do intend to find out this week. If I can find anything useful out I will post it here.

You must realise that your position has become untenable, so come on basil - do the decent thing and close down your ISP activities, give us our mac keys and let's put this one to bed once and for all - we'd be happier, you'd be happier - everyone wins Smiley
Community Veteran

A service status has been posted for this:

This is an update to the previous post regarding timeout error messages on incoming email. A copy of the original service status posting can be found here for reference:-

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1157897807.htm

We beginning to see an increase in the number of reports of customers experiencing problems receiving email or logging into Webmail. Affected customers will see a "timeout" error message when trying to collect mail.

Our engineers are working on this problem now and we will post a further update as soon as more information is available.

Kind Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
Customer Support