cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Suggestion

N/A

Email Suggestion

Hi,

If you have a number of different mailboxes setup it would be useful to see how many messages there are in each one without having to log into them.
Could you add a screen that can show the status of every mailbox you have. this would be extremly useful.

Thx.
Phil
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Email Suggestion

Hi,

This would not agree with all of our customers, some customers have mailboxes set up for different people within their company. It is obvious that in cases such as this it would not be good to have one person able to see how many messages are waiting in the other mailboxes.

If I have mis-understood the suggestion please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Russell.
--
| Russell Till.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----
N/A

Yes that is true and I agree. However the ability to see all the boxes would be a facility for that accounts administrator. If you logged in under the main account name on its own you could see all boxes and their status. If you logged in as 'account name'+'joe bloggs' you would see only the joe bloggs mailbox.

I would have thought that anyone who has set up boxes for other people in the company would not be giving them access via the default account anyway, otherwise they could read anyones mail?

Phil.
>
> This would not agree with all of our customers, some customers have mailboxes set up for different people within their company. It is obvious that in cases such as this it would not be good to have one person able to see how many messages are waiting in the other mailboxes.
>
> If I have mis-understood the suggestion please
N/A

Hi Philip,

I can see what you are getting at here and I have to admit, this would be quite handy at times. I will put the suggestion forward and the feasibilty of such a tool will be discussed.

While this isn't a great deal faster than logging into the mailbox, you could always use telnet to see the number of mails waiting for you by using the the following commands:

telnet mail.plus.net 110
user username
uass password
list

This will show a list of all mail waiting for you in your mailbox.

Regards,
Mark.

--
| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+