cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Queues

Barry_Doe
Grafter

Email Queues

A friend sent an email yesterday at 1407. It had not arrived here by 1830. However this morning it had arrived but is said "received 1413". I asked Support about this and they said "there was some small reconfiguration of our mail queues yesterday as some mails were being delayed"

I though there were no delays any longer - but it still doesn't explain how an email can be received 1413 but I don't get it for many hours.

Have others come across this?

Barry Doe
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: Email Queues

> A friend sent an email yesterday at 1407. It had not arrived here by 1830. However this morning it had arrived but is said "received 1413". I asked Support about this and they said "there was some small reconfiguration of our mail queues yesterday as some mails were being delayed"
>
> I though there were no delays any longer - but it still doesn't explain how an email can be received 1413 but I don't get it for many hours.
>
> Have others come across this?
>
> Barry Doe

Hi there,

There's an explanation of what happened in service status. Basically out inbound mail servers are 3 Sun Enterprise servers (load-balanced), one of which was having problems writing to the mailboxes (on our cluster). This was moved out of the inbound mail core so that it can concentrate on delivering the mail to the mailboxes, while the other two servers can handle the inbound mail.

What this means to you is that no mail has been lost, but a small percentage of previous inbound mail has been delayed.

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----