cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Problems?

N/A

Email Problems?

I've just tried sending an E-Mail add this comes up -

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Shell Leagues', Account: 'Carl's Mail', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

Is this becuase I'm doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the outgoing mail server?.

Carl

EDIT - I have raised a "Contact Us Ticket"
12 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

Email Problems?

Hi there,

This error message means that the server is busy, but this is unlikely as a lot more people would be experiencing the same problem. I would make sure that you have upped the "server timeout" setting to the maximum value to see if this helps, and also quickly log into webmail to make sure you do not have a very large e-mail blocking the rest of your mail.

Regards,
N/A

Email Problems?

Josh,

I've upped the server timeout to 5 minutes and checked the webmail, but I still get the same error message :?

Carl
csogilvie
Grafter

Email Problems?

Are you trying to send with Password Authentication on or something? When I googled the error message, that was the sort of thing it suggested for that erro code.
N/A

Email Problems?

Colin,

I've just checked and no the password authentication is not on. By the way I'm using Outlook Express.

Carl
N/A

Email Problems?

What internet connection are you using? If you're connected through another ISP you will not be able to use relay.plus.net.
N/A

Email Problems?

I'm not trying to connect via another ISP. For some reason I can receive e-mail but I can't send.

This is really strange. I've never had any trouble sending e-mails before, until today Sad

Carl
N/A

Email Problems?

If i were you, i'd delete the outlook express plusnet account and set it up all again from scratch
Community Veteran

Email Problems?

1 - check your firewall is not blocking the connection.
2 - try rebooting your PC
3 - disconnect and reconnect the ADSL connection.
N/A

Email Problems?

It's now working Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks everyone for their help. I had to delete the account and set it up again.

Cheers,

Carl
N/A

Email Problems?

It had most probably got a corruption (normally hidden characters that do not appear on screen) in the account username or user email address.
Correct method to cure this is to delete the account and start again, just as you did.
N/A

Email Problems?

Seems I'm also suffering yet again with a similar email problem Sad

server times out when i try and collect emails through Outlook - is it me or any one else having this at the moment ??

The messages error states -

" Task 'mail.plus.net - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'"
N/A

Email Problems?

Service sataus is green on mail and I am collecting mail OK.
Turn up the server timeout and check via Webmail that you havn't got a very long queue of mails waiting. Long queues can cause a timeout as the server sorts through them before sending to you.