cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Problems

N/A

Email Problems

Hi Guys.

I'm wondering if anybody can help me out or point out where the problem is.

I'm a customer on BBPrem sending mail out via relay.plus.net to the domain @eurovines.co.uk.

Tim at eurovines is a BBPrem customer as well.

The Eurovines domain is registered with 123-reg. In the control pannel on it a catch all is setup to forward all mail sent to @eurovines.co.uk to tim@eurovines.plus.com

Tim was previously a BTBB customer and email worked fine (mail was set to forward to him bt address)

Now when I send him a mail I get the following bounce:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

tim@eurovines.plus.com
(generated from tim@eurovines.co.uk)
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<tim@eurovines.plus.com>:
host mx.last.plus.net [212.159.7.97]: 550 REJECTED:
Relay not permitted

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <info@islandpcservices.co.uk>
Received: from [212.159.14.132] (helo=pih-relay05.plus.net)
by five.mx.123-reg.co.uk with esmtp (Exim 4.43)
id 1FWAlI-0002X0-4S
for tim@eurovines.co.uk; Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:22:20 +0100
Received: from [80.229.151.154] (helo=bart)
by pih-relay05.plus.net with esmtp (Exim) id 1FWAmw-0005Di-AA
for tim@eurovines.co.uk; Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:24:02 +0100
To: "'Tim Flint'" <tim@eurovines.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Eurovines Test 19/04/06 10:55
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:23:59 +0100
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0019_01C663AC.22EF4A30"
X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook, Build 11.0.5510
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869
thread-index: AcZjl0fIQ1z+x53cR7GYSUodLDumCgADFfOw
In-Reply-To: <3016BFF5F55EA7479F53E06A1D1EB51CAC08@SERVER.eurovines.co.uk>
X-ACL-Warn: Your message does not conform to RFC2822 standard
25 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Email Problems

This looks like it mght be down to a problem on the account that you're trying to send to. So I'd suggest getting them to raise a ticket through link:contact us so that support can investigate further.
N/A

Email Problems

*gulp*

Well i'd like to keep this thread going....but i've also used "contact us"
N/A

Email Problems

Still no reply to my ticket. All i'm expecting is to be told is to reboot my router. LOL

Anyway, some more info. My other plus.net account has an exchange server sending mail via DNS. Mails sent to tim from this account work fine. It seems only if I try to send to him via relay.plus.net that I have a problem.
N/A

Email Problems

Still no reply.

ticket number: 19203860

Can anybody throw them some more peanuts?
N/A

Email Problems

I'm changing tim over to direct SMTP delivery. The DNS has propogated all over the world quicker than plus.net could reply to my question.

Still no answer *AT ALL* from them. What a complete joke. Fingers crossed they will change the rDNS for me.
N/A

Email Problems

Nearly 24 hours now, no reply. Looks like my *gulp* yesterday was spot on.

Luckily I realise I would get NO WHERE asking plus.net for help and made the changes my self and cut their mail servers out of the loop....but what if I couldn't make any changes, what then?
N/A

Email Problems

Your problems sound similar to mine. I was having intermittent bounces from my domain hosted by Freeparking. PN and Freeparking both seemed to think the other was at fault so I decided to transfer my domain to PN a few days ago.

Now ALL email is bouncing and I'm waiting for PN to sort it out.

The message with the bounce is

SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<peter@cegidog.co.uk>:
host mx.last.plus.net [212.159.7.113]: 550 REJECTED:
Relay not permitted

And I've no idea how to fix it myself.

Not happy at all.
N/A

Email Problems

I'd just move everything away mate ;-)

I'm working at the moment so haven't much time to follow up on stuff.

It took 26 hours but I have got a reply though:

The following comment was added to the ticket
Dear Mr Morgan,
I have performed some maintenance on your account which will re-sync the domain with the mailbox component. Please allow 24 hours for this to take effect and let us know if the issue remains.

Regards,

Link:CUAremoved

Now from reading that it sounds like they have done something to
my account. There is nothing wrong with my account, it's the eurovines account. I've got to leave it 24 hours now....so that will be 40 hours total. LOL

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): CSA name removed as per the rules]
N/A

550 REJECTED - Relay not permitted.

I have a domain middlewichltd.com which has forwarding accounts setup to pop3 boxes on Plus net. We are getting an intermittant error where emails sent by clients are bouncing back with 550 Rejected Relay not permitted.

If you pop over to www.dnsstuff.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page, middle column , test email. When you do this to a Plus Net account it will report ok for mx.core.plus.net but will report 550 Rejected for all other servers mx.last.plus.net.

I have told Plus Net about this and they just do nothing. Can't get through to support. I just been cut off after 1 hour and 15 minutes holding on for a rep. Absolutely discraceful. I have been cut off 3 times now.

What on earth is going onHuhHuhHuhHuh?Huh
JonathanW
Grafter

Email Problems

Still no reply to my ticket.

Unfortunately, in this case, its not something that could be resolved on your account, which is why I advised you to get the recipient to raise the ticket so that their account could be checked.

Though I've had a word with the agent who did respond do your ticket, to make sure that he's aware of how it should have been handled.
N/A

Email Problems

Unfortunately, in this case, the user is not a tech user. They just want their email to work so you had to deal to deal with me, tell all the CSR's thanks for ignoring me. :lol:

Fortunately, in this case, I took steps to resolve the problem before you even got round to replying to me.

Anyway, looks like you need to help out skilanders now.
N/A

550 Relay

Well a CSC passed the issue upto 'Networks' . 48 Hours later and not a thing. This issue has persisted for over a week. Very clear what the issue is. Provided third party verification and it appears they are clueless as to how to resolve it. What was particualry annoying is support being absolutely adamant that the problem was not Plus Nets despite all the evidence. I know how to interpret Email headers and rejection notices and to have someone tell me that I am wrong only to admit three days later that err I was right is spectacularly poor. Look at the state of the telephone support now, 30 times and engaged each time, extraordinarily poor. What was the limit was the email from Plus Net saying they had just won an award for customer service. Given the current non service, fobbing off, no response,cutting off I can't see how it can be any worse. Discraceful from once was a great service.
N/A

Email Problems

Have you tried replacing your microfilter?

Sorry mate, I know how frustrating it is. If possible then try and move it away from pn. Does your domain name company provide email hosting? That would be one way of fixing the problem.
N/A

550 Error

Microfilter would have nothing to do with it. The cause is very clear indeed. Pop over to www.dnsstuff.com, bottom row, mail test, put your plus net email address in and see if it reports ok for mx.core.plus.net. The see if ok for mx.last.plus.net. Should be ok for all but one. The try this email address info@middlewichltd.plus.com. See what happens?. Ok on mx.core , 550 rejected on the rest. As far as Plus Net are concerned can't be any clearer than that now can I?