cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Problems? - or is it just me?

N/A

I'm having to issues when receiving any emails today - BUT - ones I have sent over 2 hours ago & even now are not being received by th eintended recipients.

Are there any problems I should know about at PN's end??

My email is sent/received via Outlook & has had no problems for the past 6 months and no changes have been made to the configuration at my end.

Can some one look into this on my behalf please.
24 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Try raising a Contact Us ticket with this problem... following the path :

- Technical Support
- Email Services
- Delays in Sending or Receiving Email
Community Veteran

Did you mean 'I'm having no issues when receiving any emails'

Also 2 hours is not considered a problem with email delivery - there is actually no guarantees when it come to email arriving due to the methods used to distribute them (this is a protocol/method issue and nothing to do with PlusNet).

Delays can occur at any stage in the delivery. Maybe the senders email systems are busy, or PlusNets email systems are busy or any number of other reasons why it has not arrived yet. Until your receiver gets the message you are not going to know where the delay was.

It will be interesting if the email receipient sends you back the headers for the email so they can be used to diagnose where the delay was - I'm sure PlsuNet would want this info also.
N/A

I have just used BT Yahoo to send the same emails to the intended recipients and they have been received within 2 mins of sending.

The same emails sent via PN have yet still not been received by the same recipients - this suggest to me that the bottleneck is at PN's side and not mine.

As usual a ticket has been raised - but an 8hr suggested response time for ticket answering does not help my cause.
Community Veteran

The 8 hour figure is the closure time for tickets, not necessarily the response time.
N/A

Are PN sure that there are no email problems - emails sent at 11:35 am today still not received by the recipients that I've sent them to.

Seems strange they receive them using other email clients such as BT Yahoo and others HuhHuhHuh
N/A

email

Hi. I've been having some problems today and in the past receiving my mail-box mail on outlook express. I can get it if I log onto the plusnet portal. It has resolved itself in time in the past so I'm hopeful.
I live in the Ealing area of London and I'd noticed that there had been some difficulty or other in this area recently..... Sam.
N/A

The 8 hour figure is the closure time for tickets, not necessarily the response time.

Emails still not received by those I've sent it to at 11:35am todayHuh

and by the way as per your comments above it's now 22:43 and my ticket raised at 13:07 today still remains unanswered - how's that for service !!!
N/A

and by the way as per your comments above it's now 22:43 and my ticket raised at 13:07 today still remains unanswered - how's that for service !!!

I've just come from PIPEX and the service here is infinitely better.
N/A

Well what can I say - emails I sent yesterday at 11:35am are only now arriving at the recipients inboxes - I have raised tickets showing the headers - lol - one of them even shows it as being sent by me this morning at 9:30am - very strange as my PC wasn't even switched on at that time.

Lets also hope that the tickets I have raised get answered quicker than the 15 or so hours it took PN Support yesterday

As usual - my concerns over PN being a reliable emailing host / platform remain unchanged - maybe it's time to switch over to another provider for general email services that are more reliable.
N/A

As usual - my concerns over PN being a reliable emailing host / platform remain unchanged - maybe it's time to switch over to another provider for general email services that are more reliable.

I just sent 3 emails to 3 seperate mailboxes and all arrived within seconds.
N/A

I just sent 3 emails to 3 seperate mailboxes and all arrived within seconds.

Well hooray for you - mine didn't / haven't - so my opinion still stands.

Thx for letting me know yours works ok tho
N/A

Well hooray for you - mine didn't / haven't - so my opinion still stands.

Thx for letting me know yours works ok tho

"Well hooray for you" didn't sound too appreciative but the 2nd line sort of did.

I'm not sticking up for Plusnet, and I would've posted the results good or bad.
N/A

I can't even get to my mailboxes! Just says username and password can't be verified. I even changed the password on one of them but it still won't let me in!
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

I can log into your main and sub mailboxes fine from here using telnet and OE so this is likely to be a problem at your side. Remember that just because you have made no changes does not mean that your profile has not become corrupted or something similar - all software can stop working for no obvious reason.

What error message are you getting .. specifically the last 2 digits of the error number displayed as this will help us get to the bottom of the problem.

Regards,