cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Problems - Ticket 21326488

kevgti
Grafter

I've not received any email in my default mailbox since Monday.

Raised a ticket last night (2132648Cool but the only response is that it's being passed to the correct department to check that my default mailbox is unblocked.

Having done some testing it seems to be more serious, I tried to add an addtional mailbox last night, but it's still isn't active (I thought it only took a few hours) - looks like any changes aren't being propagated through the system somehow.

Anyone else having issues?
11 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

It would appear you have been affected by an issue that is currently being worked on.

This is where an incorrect component has been added to accounts that have signed up to or regraded to Broadband Pay As You Go.

This is being worked on by our Developers as we have identified the customers affected.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and confusion. I will be in a position to provide a further update for you tomorrow and will ensure I do so.
kevgti
Grafter

Thanks for the update Liam.

It's such a pain when you know there is a problem like this but don't know if anyone is doing anything about it.
N/A

Hi Liam,

Another customer not informed that they are not receiving any mail because of their regrade to PAYG last week?

Can I ask the question again. Is it right that your not telling all customers that are suffering from this problem that they lost mail and may still be losing mail?

Should you not be fair and decent to them and at least inform them? It seems a bit out of order otherwise.
kevgti
Grafter

Any chance of an update on this?

I'm going to have to start having all my mail sent to a Yahoo account or something similar if this isn't fixed soon. And if I'm not using the email service I had might as well not bother using the Broadband service either.
kevgti
Grafter

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and confusion. I will be in a position to provide a further update for you tomorrow and will ensure I do so.

Any chance of that update Liam. No email for 8 days now, and no update to say when it might be fixed.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'm not sure what's happening with the problem, Liam has ownership of your ticket so will make sure that it's chased up tomorrow.
boavon
Grafter

read the posts in here
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53538&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

inside you will find posts of mine relating to www.mail2web.com which may be helpful.
boavon
Grafter

read the posts in here
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53538&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

inside you will find posts of mine relating to www.mail2web.com which may be helpful.
kevgti
Grafter

It's not that I can't check my mail, I can, using Thunderbird and Webmail. It's that mail to my default mailbox is being rejected by MXCore (any pre existing mailboxes are fine). And any mailbox changes don't happen (ie creating a new mailbox).
kevgti
Grafter

Hi,

I'm not sure what's happening with the problem, Liam has ownership of your ticket so will make sure that it's chased up tomorrow.

Another day, email still being rejected and still no update.

The lack of communication on this is actually worse than the problem itself. I work in IT support, and understand that problems do happen, but to not keep those affected up to date is unacceptable.
kevgti
Grafter

After a very long wait (8 1/2 days since raising a ticket) my email is now working again.

Thanks to Matt and Rizwan who fixed this within 1 1/2 hours of looking at the escalation.

Obviously wasn't that complicated after all. Don't know why it took so long. (Obviously sending a letter to complain does make a difference).