Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email /Portal problems again?

chrisco
Grafter

Hi All,

Am experiencing intermittant problems again with timeouts receiving mail via Outlook & the portal is painfully slow anyone else having the same, wondered if the email problems during the past few days have truly been fixed, according to the service status report on 31/3. TBH getting a tad cheesed off now. Sad

Regards, Chris Cole
38 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

All the problems of last week have now been resolved. Is it just the portal and your mail client that you are having issues with? Does webmail work OK for you?
chrisco
Grafter

Just portal & mail client, although having said that everything is back to speed once again, at one stage earlier on I couldn't get anywhere on the Plusnet site. Maybe it was due to the volume of traffic at that time, will have to wait & see how things go. Thanks for the response.

Regards, Chris Cole
Mand
Grafter

No worries.

If you do continue to have problems please let us know and we will investigate for you.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

I have also just had a slow down on portal and mail services from PlusNet. Lasted about an hour, but seems OK now!

Portal very slow. Speedchecker failed to run. Mail and text usenet slow.

Access to external sites all seemed fine during this period including downloading video from the "National Geographic" site - so definitely something within PlusNet?

Maurice
Mand
Grafter

So far these are the only two reports of issues and are now resolved so this doesn't give us too much to investigate at present. However our networks team are continuing to monitor the load on the relevant servers after last weeks issues and will address any problems as they occur.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I wasn't going to bother reporting it as it's a regular occurrence but the portal (these forums) are dreadfully slow again
Community Veteran

Quite - pauses of 30 seconds or more when reading or posting to these forums have been so common over the last few months I'd accepted them as a fact of life.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

I'd like to add another case of the portal being ridiculously slow, from both my PlusNet connection and a business BiscIT connection all day. pages on portal.plus.net as opposed to www.plus.net appear to be the main problem.

I've also had the portal completely time out on and off, whilst other sites have been fine.
N/A

I'm sorry to say that like others I've grown accustomed to the portal being slow, timing out or just generally misbehaving.
It's like my office PC at work, a creaky P2 400 with 64Mb. It gets there in the end but on its own terms. Try and hurry it up a bit and it makes you wait even longer.
Community Veteran

I've just clicked the yellow icon in another thread in this forum and it took 71.687 seconds to respond (I'm running Fasterfox, hence the exact timing - and yes, before you ask, I've got enhanced pre-fetching turned off).
N/A

Just took 17 seconds to get this reply up.... first attempt timed out after 80 seconds.

The portal needs a bit of a prod me thinks...
supernoodle

I've been swearing at my ZoneAlarm thinking it was causing my Outlook (yahoo and gmail) time outs. I didn't find anything wrong so it's reassuring to know its probably just good old Plusnet playing up again.....
Incidently I can't access google.com when the I have the problem with Outlook. Is this a DNS issue?
Community Veteran

It's really slow again this morning.

Getting the topic list for this forum just took 37 seconds.

Opening this topic gave a blank page first time round.
Mand
Grafter

We are currently having an issue with the portal responding slowly, our networks team are working on this.

I will have an update shortly.