Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notifications on Ticket System?

daveyb
Grafter

Hi,

I think (I'm pretty sure) that the ticket system used to email you when there had been an update on your ticket, but it doesn't appearto do that anymore.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Thanks, David
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Are you sure the email address detailed at the bottom of the question entry page is correct? Have you tried senduing an email to it to check the mailbox is OK? Also you are actually checking the email address listed?

The most recent updates to my tickets, and the new one I raised this morning have all resulted in emails being sent.
daveyb
Grafter

Hi Peter,

Well the email address submitted with the fault is correct (I've checked) - but I'm not at all sure it was at the bottom of the question entry page though. Having said that, this ticket was raised through the Broadband Fault Checker, although you'd hope that this would work in the same way and send you an email notification when the ticket was updated but maybe it doesn't?

Thanks, David
Community Veteran

Automatically created questions/tickets (like the checker does) do not generate an email. The fault checker also creates the tickets in a closed state so there can never be a CS reply to them.

Only user generated questions and when CS reply to such questions produce an email.
daveyb
Grafter

Thanks for that Peter. We don't have the ideas/suggestions forum anymore do we, so how do we make suggestions?

Seems a shame that the automated tickets doesn't generate a notification email when the ticket gets updated. A Customer Service agent responded to the ticket a couple of days ago but I didn't know until I went in myself last night with the intention of bumping my ticket to find out what was happening!

Thanks, David
Community Veteran

PUG are currently in discussions with PN to try and get the suggestions thing going again, but in a diferent format. Details should be announced on the PUG forum shortly.