cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Newsletter

N/A

Email Newsletter

I am looking for some advice that I could not find in the help & support section of the site.

What I would like to know is how many emails I can send out in one day ? Yesterday I sent out about 300 in sets of 100 each to keep the stress on the server minimal (plusenet SMTP server) However I ended up being kicked off for 15minutes last night… so I think maybe I should send less than 300 ? maybe about 200 in 2 sets of 100…

Most ISP’s will limit the amount of emails sent out so it would be nice to know how many I can send without stepping on anyone’s toes or being unfair to other users..

How easy is it to set up your own email server?

Regards
Malcolm
7 REPLIES
N/A

E-mail server

I have no idea how you set up an e-mail server; however I do not remember there being a restriction of service because you send e-mail(s)? I'd appreciate +net elucidating as to why you got kicked off please?
Mand
Grafter

Email Newsletter

Hi there

We don't limit the amount of email you can send as such, although they will send progressively slower if sending a large batch.
Mand
Grafter

Email Newsletter

With regards to being disconnected, I can see no reason for this on the account, did you receive an error message?
N/A

being disconnected

Thanks for the answer on emails. Back to the disconnection issue then ;-( I was disconnected from the ISP last night for 15 minutes.. My router internet light went orange indicating the PPP had dropped? When tested I could not reconnect to the ISP eventually it cam back on by itself as if by magic lol
Community Veteran

Email Newsletter

Are you on an LLU'd connection if so that may be the cause...
N/A

Email Newsletter

Which router are you using? Maybe that's falling over under the load..
N/A

LLU'd

No I am not LLU'd
the router I have is an IG1800 (twowire) The stats are good and I have had the router for over a year with no problems.

If it was the router and the load then it would have re connected on power cycle but it never and took about 15 minutes to come back online.. I suspect something else went wrong at the ISP side.