cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Error

N/A

Email Error

Can anyone help. For the past two days I have been unable to receive any emails through Outlook Express. Whenever I go to check my mail I get the following error:
The server responded with an error. Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90
The server responded with an error. Account: 'mail.plus.net (1)', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90:

I have checked all details in my setup and they are unchanged and correct I have sent the error messages to Plusnet and have had no reply. I have checked again all settings as displayed in Plusnet email settings but still I get the same error message. Any help would be greatly appreceitaed
4 REPLIES
N/A

Email Error

It would appear that AVG (Your av SW) is causing problems.

try disalbinghte pop3 AV feature.
LiamM
Grafter

Email Error

Also, make sure AVGs Email service has access to the internet on your firewall, and not just Outlook Express.
N/A

Email Error

Thank you for your help you were spot on! I disabled my AV and emailnormality was restored. My grateful thanks
kwhawell
Grafter

Email Error

I had this problem a while back, see the topic called email server down? I rebooted my pc and router and it sorted it, have had this a few times, this usually fixes it.