cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email DPA Breach

slev
Grafter

Email DPA Breach

I am still waiting for a response from last night for my ticket I assume posting here may get someone to look very closely at it and get this actioned without adding some scripted response like the two I got.

ID: 19911682 <-=----- Ticket ID.

I must point out failure to reply in the stated time will leave me no alternative but to proceed to the next level through the legal channels.
6 REPLIES
astarsolutions
Grafter

Email DPA Breach

There probably not going to reply through the usual kinds of channels, its to much of a potentially serious matter.

I suggest you stop e-mailing them and phoning them and posting in the forums and write to them.
N/A

Email DPA Breach

The response from James in the PN Usergroup forum has been:

Dear Sir,
If you believe that we are in breach of contract then you contact the Information Commissioner, or another relevant party.

I am not in a position to start discussing contract law.

Kind regards,

| James Bailey Broadband Solutions for
| Customer Comms Co-ordinator Home &Business @
| PlusNet Plc www.plus.net
+ ------ PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband -----

Hi ,

The email that was sent out earlier was a genuine mistake. We did contact the information commissioner as soon as we realized the error that we had made.

We have made this information available to those effected and sincerely apologise for any duress this may have caused.

Kind regards,

| James Bailey Broadband Solutions for
| Customer Comms Co-ordinator Home &Business @
| PlusNet Plc www.plus.net
+ ------ PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband -----

Looks like getting anything other than the "corporate line" is highly unlikely.

I myself have not received an email saying my details were compromised, but that doesn't mean I wasn't on the list as receiving email from F9 is decidedly sketchy. I too have had a ticket open asking for confirmation whether this error applies to me, with no response.

Mark
N/A

Email DPA Breach

I myself have not received an email saying my details were compromised, but that doesn't mean I wasn't on the list as receiving email from F9 is decidedly sketchy. I too have had a ticket open asking for confirmation whether this error applies to me, with no response.

Mark

Absolutely, I'm still awaiting confirmation one way or another.

However, the plot thickens as the number of customers emailed the list has dropped from 3500 initially, to the now reported 1800. So which is it?
N/A

Email DPA Breach

I did receive an email and if it was 3500 or 1800 who knows. The email said 1800, yet the user forum quoted 3500. The fact is they have sent my details along with 20,000 other customers out and that is completely un-acceptable.

Yes we all make mistakes at work, but a mistake is putting 2 sugars in someones coffee when they take none or transfering a phone call to the wrong extension.

This is gross incompetence on a massive scale. I have been with F9 since 1998, under various user names (i've moved home a lot and start afresh each time, keeps the spam away!) and just about everyone I know is with them on my recomendation. I now feel utterly embarrased, that I have recomended them on so many occasions and now let so many people down, not only with this latest incident, but with the whole service in general.

I have requested my MAC to leave and will be persuading all those I recommended F9 or Plusnet too, to do the same, with as much enthusiasm as I did to get them to sign up to begin with.

Guess what though! I requested the key 23 hrs ago and still no response from anyone! Says it all really.

The good ship Plusnet is sinking very fast! I'd advise all to jump off asap, as I doubt the rot will stop here.
N/A

Slightly OT

Guess what though! I requested the key 23 hrs ago and still no response from anyone! Says it all really.

Dave (I think) has confirmed in the newsgroups that the 30 days that you need to give for your MAC begins once your ticket has been received by them. If it takes them 2- 3 days to process the request you only have 27 days left, it is not 30 days from MAC issue.

Does that sound clear? I have confused myself a bit Smiley

Mark
James
Grafter

Email DPA Breach

Yup - 30 days begins from the request of MAC Code generation.