cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ellacoyas - Are they dynamic or timed?

AndyR
Grafter

Is the software dynamic or timed to cut in?

Going along great at 150k on P2P - well seeded off peak then bang!! (sorry about that I did not mean to make you jump) without warning drops to 40k. I thought the connection had dropped. The time Noon, exactly. The cut off on the speed graph was dramatic, straight down - not a gradual slide as network gets busier. Seeder to peer ration [or should it be ratio?] remained constant with the same numbers connected.
I just happened to be watching - now I can see what actually happens.
Another one that will have to go to Monday as it will not finish before 2pm.

regards
Andrew
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Your account type?
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
AndyR
Grafter

premier option 1, nowhere near peak limits - period began on 02.03.

Just uncanny I guess. Off to work now may check later.

regards
Andrew
Community Veteran

It has been denied by PN, but you can see on the graphs below there is a definite limit of some kind that kicks in at 12 noon each day. With the extra capacity it is less obvious than it use to be but it is there.

http://www.plus.net/support/network_performance/broadband_bandwidth_usage.shtml
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Soapy
Grafter

This morning at 7:30, my torrents were downloading at 40kB/s. This was a total figure, and did not matter how many torrents I had active.

The same seems to happens all day, just the 'limit' changes. At 7pm, the limit will be 15kBs, no matter the number of seperate torrents.

I am a Premier 1 account, with a peak usage for the month of just over 4gb, so no where near the limits.

Are there active caps put on p2p for Premier accounts and if so, has PN published them, or do they just refer to the 'Up to line speed' cover all for p2p.
gswindale
Grafter

I was getting P2P speeds of around about 140kB/s this morning at around about 7:30/8:00 on Premier Option 1, although my peak usage so far this month (1 week in is about 1Gig).
AndyR
Grafter

I must admit that the whole package recently has improved tremendously, maybe the extra pipe that kicked in a couple of weeks ago spreading the users.

Yesterday morning, more than one torrent [including Lost S03E11, hi-res, HD 700Mb file] it was peaking over 500k at 0900hrs and averaging 450k. and the HTTP was still usable - fast not very fast.

I will have to knock back the scheduling to finish at 1200hrs instead of about 1400hrs.

regards
Andrew